Toxins and poisoning.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Zero_Berz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Toxins and poisoning.

Post by Zero_Berz »

toxins.
As we playing against organic enemies, it is quite obvious for me, that we need to use some form of toxins in our weapon arsenal. Not only thrown globes, but as a special bullets, shells and so on. It would be interesting, to have a turrets( or pipes with vents) able to "breathe" clouds of poison.Poison gas grenades included. Ofc this should be useable after some research.

poisoning

Here are Idea of "ecological warfare". It would be nice, to have some buildings, that can produce big thick drifting clouds of highly toxic agents. So we could not only have level of pollution, that make biters attack oure base, but to make large areas totally unhabitable for wildlife. As a downside - no trees in this area either ;)

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Toxins and poisoning.

Post by TGS »

That would probably be a tad overpowered. Also deadly to the player one would think. Unless their armor protected them from it. But yeah I think it would be insanely hard to balance given the 'radius' it would encompass.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Toxins and poisoning.

Post by FreeER »

I like this idea, and if I get a bit of extra time might try to make a small mod adding poisoned munitions. You might note that "poison capsules"="poison grenades", the only difference really is that capsules would probably be a glass (well, breakable) container rather than a pressurized container with a pin, at least that's what the two names bring to my mind :). The poison venting might be possible after 9/10 with the updates to fluids...we'll have to wait and find out but it would add a new defensive option (but how would you create that much poison?).

As to poison clouds, I think it could be implemented by simply having "breathing" entities in high pollution areas take damage (so, possible now, kinda). However, there first needs to be a way to protect the player from it. It should also not be very useful in defense, protection should be limited in some fashion (bottling clean air, breaks down, etc.) and deal relatively little damage (but over time in a factory you 'live in' would be fatal, especially if it slowed regen the longer you remain) this would actually make more sense and have more of an actual affect than simply killing trees (which could easily be imported from tree farms further way or just using trains/cars to a forest :)). The obvious effect of implementing this would then be a NEED for ways to clean pollution (not just switching to solar).
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”