Disassembling machine

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Disassembling machine

Post by Pohybel »

Like in title, deconstructive machine retrieve some resources from unnecessary objects.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Disassembling machine

Post by Rseding91 »

I've seen this suggestion a lot and there are actually a few mods that do just this.

However, every time I always wonder the same thing: what do you have that you want to disassemble and how many of that item do you plan on disassembling? The only things I can think of that I'd want to disassemble are in such a small quantity that time would be better spent putting 1 extra miner down.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

I think the main problem is that there is no way to get rid of stuff other than putting it in a chest and shooting it.

It's quite brilliant that you can put all the wooden stuff (chests, poles) as fuel in your steam engines, but there is some other stuff you more or less need in some quantities initially that you can't do anything with later, especially burner miners and steel furnaces.

For me, it's not so much that you want the resources, but that you want some 'official' way to recycle the stuff you put in your trash slots. An incinerator that would even consume fuel to get rid of trash would be fine for me, or a landfill that can take either stone or any other objects (so I can use my old miners for landfill).

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

I've seen this suggestion a lot and there are actually a few mods that do just this.
So it is a problem for users and maybe it's time to take careof this.
However, every time I always wonder the same thing: what do you have that you want to disassemble and how many of that item do you plan on disassembling? The only things I can think of that I'd want to disassemble are in such a small quantity that time would be better spent putting 1 extra miner down.

Show me one mode.
Situation now looks like you can turn on the light but you can't turn off,
i can't understand why when you create assembling machine you don't think about disassembling machine,
at least I did not understand
I think the main problem is that there is no way to get rid of stuff other than putting it in a chest and shooting it.

It's quite brilliant that you can put all the wooden stuff (chests, poles) as fuel in your steam engines, but there is some other stuff you more or less need in some quantities initially that you can't do anything with later, especially burner miners and steel furnaces.

For me, it's not so much that you want the resources, but that you want some 'official' way to recycle the stuff you put in your trash slots. An incinerator that would even consume fuel to get rid of trash would be fine for me, or a landfill that can take either stone or any other objects (so I can use my old miners for landfill).
I don't like waste too

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dustbin

Post by ssilk »

Rseding91 wrote:However, every time I always wonder the same thing: what do you have that you want to disassemble and how many of that item do you plan on disassembling? The only things I can think of that I'd want to disassemble are in such a small quantity that time would be better spent putting 1 extra miner down.
Well, I see this similarly. I don't see the worth for the gameplay. But I also understand players, that want to keep everything tidy. I think that has a worth.

For those players, who wants to have everything cleaned up we need a simple dustbin. :)

Put things in and they are away. You gain a very little amount of energy, 1 kilojoule - not more (needs to be balanced). Could be useful to run your factory on dustbin for some seconds. :) Indeed it could be a nice trick to get an extra amount of energy by putting a chest of iron in it (2.4 MJ). ;) In a multiplayer this could be the difference between win and loss.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Well, I see this similarly. I don't see the worth for the gameplay. But I also understand players, that want to keep everything tidy. I think that has a worth.

For those players, who wants to have everything cleaned up we need a simple dustbin. :)

Put things in and they are away. You gain a very little amount of energy, 1 kilojoule - not more (needs to be balanced). Could be useful to run your factory on dustbin for some seconds. :) Indeed it could be a nice trick to get an extra amount of energy by putting a chest of iron in it (2.4 MJ). ;) In a multiplayer this could be the difference between win and loss.
I think at the moment when certain items no longer be needed, factory will be quite a developed and recovery small amoount energy of unnecessary items will not be feel.
The best would be the rule, If you use to craft some item two wood when you recycle it you get half so one wood, and this is what game need because shooting to boxes is annonoying.
Now i use black hole but is annonoying too, because when you think how many work you must to do to can craft this item and now it is useless and only you can do is destroy it.
This problem Is caused bad gameplay balancing, example for good balancing is indi game "Craft the world" I think that you should take the example of this game.

Or good idea is create marketplace when you can sell you item and for credits you can buy items or buildings which you can't create .
IT should be linked production,trading and defence that make up scheme who was not bored.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Pohybel wrote: Now i use black hole but is annonoying too, because when you think how many work you must to do to can craft this item and now it is useless and only you can do is destroy it.
Well, I think that is, because black hole is not thought for that. But I think it is very easy to change that mod; I mean you can do that yourself, so that it fits your needs.
This problem Is caused bad gameplay balancing, example for good balancing is indi game "Craft the world" I think that you should take the example of this game.
When you mention something (from other games) that are very unlikely that most users here know it is a good manner to describe that here (with words, pictures etc.), cause it cannot discussed otherwise.
Or good idea is create marketplace when you can sell you item and for credits you can buy items or buildings which you can't create .
IT should be linked production,trading and defence that make up scheme who was not bored.
Indeed. A market already exists and there are mods for it.

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

When you mention something (from other games) that are very unlikely that most users here know it is a good manner to describe that here (with words, pictures etc.), cause it cannot discussed otherwise.
Ok Ssilk i remember that, and i try to be professional.

Indeed. A market already exists and there are mods for it.
You mean Galactic trade? It does not work for me.

Don't get me wrong guys, i want to help you make game better, i see potential in this game what whereof they have no other games .
i know stuff can get angry when some dude tell you what is bad and what they want to be, I take in into account.
i tell you the key to success is production,trading and defence. but game in all this point is wrong.
i want to help you with this problem in the way not demanding big changes cuz game core is good but it needs some cosmetic changes to balanced gameplay.

Kayser
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kayser »

I think players just want to keep tidy, and shooting a box just doesn't feel right. Honestly, It would feel more "right" if the items contained within a box fell to the ground when the box was destroyed.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

:) That is nothing you really don't want to have: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=8&t=617

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”