Put a blueprint in a character logistics slot

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shrikey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Put a blueprint in a character logistics slot

Post by Shrikey »

I like to build most stuff with blueprints and some of those blueprints are quite big. It's a bit of a drag to collect all the stuff of a big blueprint (for example a train-loading-station), so it would be great to just put the blueprint in the character logistics slots and let the logistics robots haul all the necessary 'ingredients'; or 2x or 3x the ingredients!

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Put a blueprint in a character logistics slot

Post by TuckJohn »

It is not clear what you are suggesting, but I have a couple of replies:
1. If you think that you have TOO many blueprints, 0.13 will come with a blueprint book, a way to manage your blueprints.
2. If you want to receive the materials needed to construct a blueprint, why not just let your bots build it? If you are in logistics range, your construction bots could probably build your blueprint wherever your place it.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

TuckJohn wrote: 2. If you want to receive the materials needed to construct a blueprint, why not just let your bots build it? If you are in logistics range, your construction bots could probably build your blueprint wherever your place it.
The idea is to have a blueprint of an outpost, collect the materials, then go out and build it.

Hakusho
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hakusho »

I think this would add a pretty different functionality to the blueprint.

This is more like a combination/set of logistic slots that belong together (like a load/save set)

Shrikey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shrikey »

It's like DaveMcW says. I have big outpost blueprints with lots of different 'ingredients'. The blueprint already states the totals, so if by putting the blueprint in the personal logistics slots the logistics bots would just provide it... Since the introduction of the personal roboport, I don't use alot of 'normal' roboports, so my personal robots generally build everything.
Attachments
2015-11-19 21_12_04-Factorio 0.12.17.png
2015-11-19 21_12_04-Factorio 0.12.17.png (720.63 KiB) Viewed 9819 times
2015-11-19 21_02_33-Factorio 0.12.17.png
2015-11-19 21_02_33-Factorio 0.12.17.png (780.77 KiB) Viewed 9819 times

Amegatron
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Amegatron »

Hello there! Since the suggestion in this topic is quite similar to mine, I'll post it here.

I'd like to have "Logistic blueprints" in the game. By them I mean "load/save set" of items which I want to receive from robots. To be more clear here is an example ...

Most of the time I spend on my base and usually require some basic construction items in inventory: metal/copper plates, circuits, steel etc. But when I go to hunt down alien bases, I need completely different equipement: lots of ammo and some coal for the tank for example. So the problem is that it is time consuming to manually switch between these different logistic sets. But it would be very convenient if I had "saved" those sets as "blueprints" so changing the requested items would be a matter of "reading" pre-saved "logistic blueprint".

I hope my idea is clear :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”