Power supply priority and Research progress fix

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mastermind
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power supply priority and Research progress fix

Post by mastermind »

Hi! This is my suggestions:
1) Ability to set priority of power supply
for example:
-high priority for laser turrets and inserters (which commonly used with boilers)
-normal for everything else

I think that it can be implemented in two forms:
a) dropdown lists of priorities (high, low, normal...) in the electrical network properties, opposite the corresponding objects
b) add Power supply map in electrical network properties, which shows how many power consumes/produces each object
AND add ability to set priority in form of rectangular area selecting (which may colors depending on priority)

2) Ability of partial researching
I think that it isn't right when all research progress is gone, when you're switching between researches.

Thanks! Your game is great! :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Power supply priority and Research progress fix

Post by ssilk »

Nice suggestions... I want to answer in reverse order...

To the research: should there be a warning, before switching?
Partial research has been discussed last week: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=1637

1b: yes a map would be fine.
A rectangle area in which you can change the priority, I think this won't work, it's just not the right way. I think the right way would be to build some sort of transformer and make a second network. The transformer has in the first network the highest priority (it takes all energy he can get to fulfill the needs in the second) and in the second network he has the lowest (takes only energy, if nothing else needs from 2 into network 1).

This is also the point for me to 1a: in my eyes, the entities must be told to change the priority. How? There is nothing. This is like if you could go home, open the fuse-case in your house and say "fuses, I want to have all energy." :)
What I want to say: well, there is some magic stuff in factorio, but in my opinion (I'm not a developer) there should be a device, which is able to do that. Which brings me back to the transformer from above. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”