Possible Inserters

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Possible Inserters

Post by DragonPox90210 »

I really like the inserters but I think there could be a few more, for instance a timed inserter that takes a material after an adjustable amount of time, or maybe triggerable inserters that can be turned on and off wirelessly. Or maybe inserters that can spin in a complete circle to put things in chests from all sides? These are a few of my suggestions, does anyone have anymore? :)

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Possible Inserters

Post by MatLaPatate »

I think these are goods, especially some "rotary inserter". But I guess some of these could already be one using smart inserter.

Verbesity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Verbesity »

Really the only things I can think of that I would really love to see are custom timed inserters and side inserters.

rymn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rymn »

How about inserted that are 2 tiles wife and that merge 2 belts into 1(useless) or split 1 belt into 2 belts(very useful).

Poiasdope
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Poiasdope »

I vote for an Ultimate Inserter that is totally configurable. You could configure from where it would pick and to where it would put, from a range of 2. You'd be able to set a filter and an ammount too.

A possible upgrade to the inserter would be a machine that could connect to the belts and the items would be able to be pushed inside it. Whatever goes inside it is outputed behind it. So it would transport somewhat faster than the inserter (in massa quantities) but would be unidirectional. And It wouldn't be as fast as the faster belt, so even using the best belt it would clog the system a bit.
^This kind of insertion could be used in future standard machines aswel :D

HumanAbyss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HumanAbyss »

I think an over head inserter would be great.

For instance, this inserter would sit over top of a belt, and insert an item on the right side of the belt to the right, and an item on the left to the left, or you can swap the left to pass to the left side of the belt, and the right to the right of the belt. This could save space on factories and make things more compact, and could also add a side upgrade to the tech tree, and a way to develop more inserters and more types of factories. It could also be balanced resource wise by requiring a belt, much like an underground belt but without the disruption of the track.

I'd also like to see a "right angle" inserter, again for space compacting reasons.

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

I like the idea with many different inserter, but we may proposing new variants indifinetly.

For example i would like to have insertr which may work in bi-directional way, so it will take one product from one side an put to second and take different product from second and put it to first. Better variant will be if we have two arm inserter and each inserter will care about one direction.

There will be also usable inserter with ranges 2+2.

Another inserter should take not only one item but every think what is in one tile of the belt. Its obvious that it will complicate if there will be something what is not required on destination place.

I will also appreciate inserter which alternate near and far side of the destination belt.

Configurable inserters should be able determine whether they took item from near or far side of the belt. If I have full belt of items it will always took items from far side and the near side is clogged while the other is getting empty.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”