Circut network for the colorblind

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TehDwArF
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Circut network for the colorblind

Post by TehDwArF »

For some of us colorblind folk it is really challenging (or impossible) to tell the difference between the 3 cable colors, and therefore networks (the most common colorblindness is Red-Green and that is what both cable colors are). With the new update, circuit networks are going to used by considerably more players.

I would recommend either allowing player set colors, similar to player colors, or to have a wider variety of colors (downside being possibly too much overhead keeping track of too many networks). I personally like the ability to change the colors to accommodate a wider variety of colorblindness, as well as making the multiplayer environment friendlier (rather then convincing everyone what cable colors are "bad").

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Circut network for the colorblind

Post by lancar »

Or they could make the green cable coiled.
https://www.google.se/search?q=curly+ca ... LAoddRsCjA

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

I agree that this game should be playable by the colorblind.
But, until it is changed, have you tried those glasses that (claims to) allow colorblind to see colors better?
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

Only thing I really can't see the difference between are the active provider chests and the requester chests, until someone told me they were different, I was wondering why they were the same color :D

TehDwArF
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TehDwArF »

Hmm, somehow changing the graphic to be different from the normal power line would be interesting (looking at a thin line of pixels is challenging when you are trying to see what color it is). Would still need to differentiate between the red and green somehow though.

I haven't gotten into Logistics Networks much so I haven't run into that issue. Luckily i can just check what they are before placing them and assume they are correct once placed. Not the best tactic but it works for me. =P

About the glasses, I'm skeptical. The problem is that my eyes don't actually produce the cones needed to see the colors so it is physically impossible to see some colors. I'm guessing the glasses work by shifting the wavelength up or down into ranges I can see. It would definitely look different and I may be able to distinguish colors in the range I couldn't before, but it would not be the same as seeing those colors. There is currently research into gene therapy which would trigger the growth of the missing cones, this would be a true cure and looks really interesting.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”