More aggressive and advanced biter expansion

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sting_Auer
Inserter
Inserter

More aggressive and advanced biter expansion

Post by Sting_Auer »

I would like to see biters be more aggressive and proactive with their expansion, both in building new nests and improving existing ones. Giving either biters or spitters the ability to construct living walls and grow more worms would make it more difficult to attack the larger, more entrenched biter bases, and enhanced biter growth and expansion would make them more of a threat to your well-being.
Last edited by Sting_Auer on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: More aggressive and advanced biter expansion

Post by jorgenRe »

Worms that actually can dig and so do an attack from behind your walls muhaha. Yea umm, look forward to my next mod ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

Sting_Auer wrote:I would like to see biters be more aggressive and proactive with their expansion, both in building new nests and improving existing ones. Giving either biters or spitters the ability to construct living walls and grow more worms would make it more difficult to attack the larger, more entrenched biter bases, and enhanced biter growth and expansion would make them more of a threat to your well-being.
I think everyone agrees that combat in its current state is not that interesting. However, any change that makes the biters better at attacking should be done carefully. I think we need the ability to set up an outpost and be confident that it can defend itself, at least for X amount of time. Remember that most combat happens away from the player, and if automated defenses are no longer adequate, eventually I'll be doing nothing but running around rebuilding things.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Take a look at Natural Evolution mod.
It plays around with some biter settings and also changes them during the game - it will give different experience then vanilla biters for sure.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”