My Idea's and request

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

My Idea's and request

Post by Cooolaid »

01. - Ore spawning GUI should be able to be manipulated within game as well, not just at start.
Just incase a setting was set too much or too little, we should be able to tweak the settings for the GUI within game or pressing [ESC] and go into Spawning menu.

02. - Freedom of viewing and movement of map [M] with arrow keys.
It seems mnap is only constricted to zooming in where player is located. And players are not able to move map to look around with Arrow keys.

03. - [possible bug] - Settings in the (Electric Network Info) Panel does not retain its settings when changed and reopening the ENI window or loading the game world.
Example: I set the time for [10-minutes] for the ENI then closed window, a few minutes later when reopening the window, the ENI did not retain my input when I chose the 10 or 5 minute option in the GUI.

04. - Waypoints. Game needs waypoints and to be shown in Minimap and [M] map.

05. - Separate volume control for ingame music.

06. - Would like a feature that will let me input a number of how much I want to manufacture from a machine.
Would also like some sort of machine control of speed and output amount.
Example: Some machines manufacture way too fast and way too much at the current time, when I am manufacturing, clogging up belts.
I would like some machine control to control how much they manufacture and how fast or slow they do it. by increments of (30-sec's, & 1, 3, 5, 10 & 15 minutes) out output time from machine.
(a bit hard to explain over text) :/

07. - [possible bug] - Chests do not self organize. I Would like it to self organize, like the player inventory does.

08. - Gates open and close when player is far.. Would like player to be closer to the gates before they open.
Also, gates open when standing on other side of wall... if there is a wall between the player and gate, gates should NOT open. gates should only open when directly in front of them.
Way too many occasions I was at the other side of the wall while fighting enemies, and gate was a distance away, it still opened even though there was a wall in between me and the gate.
gate still opened, and let all enemies inside the base. making life a living hell for me, when I am around gates.

These are just "some" of my point of views, ideas and feature requests.
Thank you for reading. :)

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My Idea's and request

Post by ratchetfreak »

Cooolaid wrote: 06. - Would like a feature that will let me input a number of how much I want to manufacture from a machine.
Example: Some machines manufacture way too fast and way too much at the current time, when I am manufacturing, clogging up belts.
I would like some machine control to control how much they manufacture and how fast or slow they do it. by increments of (30-sec's, & 1, 3, 5, 10 & 15 minutes) out output time from machine.
Smart inserter and a timer circuit. to pulse when to pull out the results

Or just don't have items share belts.

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

ratchetfreak wrote:
Cooolaid wrote: 06. - Would like a feature that will let me input a number of how much I want to manufacture from a machine.
Smart inserter and a timer circuit. to pulse when to pull out the results

Or just don't have items share belts.
Sometimes I have no choice but to share belts, because if I have several machines requesting the same item,
makes no sense for me to create 3 different belts for the same items. when infact I can just have 1 belt feeding 3 or so machines that are requesting that same item.
:/
I will look into the timer circuit though, hope its not a bandaid fix...lol :)

PTR2013
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PTR2013 »

The player has a limited sight probably because it shouldnt be too easy to explore and free camera movement woul make radars useless
In Factorio, we are actually the bad guys. We are attacking the biters on their own planet, destroying their homes. They are trying to stop us, but without succes...

Time for some diplomacy...

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

01: Literally impossible. The entire map would have to be regenerated. Or it could affevt the spawning of future resources.
02. Uh, buddy, you move the map with WASD.
05. Fair enough. It may not be initially obvious that "Ambient sounds" actually means music.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”