Quick Craft

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shalashalska
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Quick Craft

Post by Shalashalska »

I was playing ARK Survival recently, and in ARK, if you alt+press the hotkey of a slot, you will craft more of the item in that slot. I think this would be very helpful for Factorio as well, so if you run out of something in a filtered slot, you can just alt+number and start crafting more instead of having to open the inventory and craft from there.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Quick Craft

Post by Peter34 »

Shalashalska wrote:I was playing ARK Survival recently, and in ARK, if you alt+press the hotkey of a slot, you will craft more of the item in that slot. I think this would be very helpful for Factorio as well, so if you run out of something in a filtered slot, you can just alt+number and start crafting more instead of having to open the inventory and craft from there.
Yes, that sounds super nice! I'm all for this! Although personally I think I'd prefer something like Alt+LMB or Alt+RMB and click on the filtered hotkey slot, rather than the number, because with the numbers there's the risk of a miss-press, e.g. pressing 5 or 7 when you meant to press 6 (I use the numbers 1-10 for my hotkey slots, not 1-5 for the first five and then Shift+1-5 for the last five).

PTR2013
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PTR2013 »

Alt is already used to toggle info mode.
In Factorio, we are actually the bad guys. We are attacking the biters on their own planet, destroying their homes. They are trying to stop us, but without succes...

Time for some diplomacy...

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

PTR2013 wrote:Alt is already used to toggle info mode.
You could also use ctrl.
Also, i really think this points TWORDS positive gameplay.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Shalashalska
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shalashalska »

The keybinding really doesn't matter, it's just annoying that there isn't a way to easily re-craft things.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

The character logistic slots are made for this, they achieve the same thing.

And it it better, because you improve your character by research and building a proper logistic system.

Also this will lead to ugly situations where you want to craft something and suddenly the automatic crafting is adding items to your queue, that you don't want.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”