Blueprints and Concrete/Stone on the ground

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Glockshna
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Blueprints and Concrete/Stone on the ground

Post by Glockshna »

It would be really nice if there was a hotkey to disable inclusion of Stone when creating a new blueprint. In the same vein it'd also be nice to be able to force include stone on deconstruction planners. As it is right now I have to prototype designs outside of my factory otherwise it includes a ton of stone in the blueprint.

booji
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Blueprints and Concrete/Stone on the ground

Post by booji »

I have to agree this would make life a lot easier if this was possible.
Also would be nice to be able to deconstruct only stone and concrete floors and not the machines above.

Umbral Reaver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Umbral Reaver »

Now it seems to only blueprint floors when there's nothing but floors in the blueprint area. Is there a way to re-enable including floors in blueprints?

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

Another necro post, but better to continue an old thread instead of making a new thread for the same topic, right?

Is there any change or way to make a blueprint with the buildings + the pathing?
Currently I have to use 2 blueprints, one for buildings, one for the path.. and it's just superfluous.
If only there was a way to press ctrl or some hotkey while designing / planting a blueprint that would add/ignore pathing.

Any tips?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There where better ideas that use filters to in-/exclude some items.
And the "right" way from my point of view would be to have an editor, that enables on-the-fly editing of blueprints.

My tip is: Wait for v0.13, where the blueprint-book will be implemented. I'm sure, based on that many mods will extend blueprint usage in about that direction.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

Thanks ssilk.

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

While surfing reddit, I came across someone suggesting a workaround.
Got to test it in game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... lueprints/

[–]Starch_Potato[S]
Blueprinting items will only allow flooring to be captured if no other objects or ghosted objects are within range. Ghosted flooring however has no such restriction.

If you hold shift when placing the concrete ("build ghost" under the game controls), its adds the ghost of the item to be constructed by the robots instead of placing it right there and then by the player.

Just be warned when planning within a well fed logistics network, as the concrete may be placed before the ghosted state can be captured.
Unfortunately I can't get this to work with FARL. Tested on 12.8 and the most recent 12.17 builds.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”