Rail Signal Connections

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

A_Factorio457
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Rail Signal Connections

Post by A_Factorio457 »

I keep getting contsantly confused as to which of the train signals are connected to which ones. I would like to see some sort of overlay when you hover over the desired train signal to see which signals are interacting with it. It will be much easier on the eyes. Sorry if I can't explain it any better.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Rail Signal Connections

Post by johanwanderer »

A_Factorio457 wrote:I keep getting contsantly confused as to which of the train signals are connected to which ones. I would like to see some sort of overlay when you hover over the desired train signal to see which signals are interacting with it. It will be much easier on the eyes. Sorry if I can't explain it any better.
I'm not sure if the signals actually interact. To me, they simply interact with the rail segment (length of rail between two signals) and the trains.
I think they have 3 states:
- Green = no train on the segment, no train in adjacent segments going into the segment.
- Yellow = no train on the segment, at least one train in adjacent segments is going into the segment.
- Red = train on the segment.

When you place a signal or hover over one, it shows the segments (more than one if it precedes an intersection) that the signal is delineating. If a train is on any of those rail segment, the signal will be red. If the train is going to any of the segment, it will be yellow.

Bytenex
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Rail Signal Connections

Post by Bytenex »

Rail Signals always react to a rail segment between two signals or the end of the rail.

Following rules apply:
-> Signals only permit traffic in one direction
-> Placing one signal on both sides of the rail will permit two-way traffic
-> Use the indicator shown on the rails (little arrows) to see which direction will be allowed when placing signals

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”