small improvement for default save

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

small improvement for default save

Post by boro »

When you load a game, the default save file selected is the last save (manual or autosave), which makes a lot of sense.
However when you save a game, the default file to overwrite is the last game you loaded, which could very well be an autosave. It would make more sense and less clicking if it was the last file you manually saved to.

I also suggested way back to include zoom level in the savegame file (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=5352), which would be awesome for those town raids you have to attempt X number of times, and would significantly raise the life expectancy of everyone's scrollwheel :)

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: small improvement for default save

Post by MF- »

Took me a while to understand.
"Load game" dialogue defaults to the yougest save and that's allright. Also it's irrelevant.

The rest is about saving the game manually, could be called "Save game As"
And the OP is not happy about the default option there.
The suggestion is implementing a LRU ListOfRecentlyUsed feature for the save-as dialogue,
so that the first few... wait what?... I guess it would be the yougest save again, just skipping autosaves?

Obviously this would work better if saves were grouped by-world, i.e. in directories.

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

When saving highlight last manually saved game

Post by Aardwolf »

Hi,

When opening the save menu, it has by default the last game you *loaded* selected.

This is misleading, when using manual save often, it doesn't highlight the last game you saved.

It would be awesome if that one was selected by default there instead.

Thanks!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: small improvement for default save

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topics merged because same suggestion :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”