Manual crafting, 2 suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Manual crafting, 2 suggestions

Post by roy7 »

Example annoyance: You are crafting a few long items, say 5 Speed Module 3s, by hand. All prior items are made, you just need to make the 3s themselves. You decide you only want 4 instead of 5. The one it's working on is 90% completed. So you click it, the # to make does drop to 4 but the 90% complete item is aborted and you start over at 0%.

Suggestion: If you left click on an icon in the manual crafting area with a number of 2 or higher, reduce the number but do not reset current crafting progress. In other words, remove it off the "end" of the queue stack instead of the "front".

Example annoyance: You are crafting a bunch of stuff, and it needs say 50 iron gears here and there in the long manual crafting queue on your screen. So you walk to a box and pick up 50 gears. This doesn't update the crafting queue though, it will keep on making the gears needed while the ones you just picked up sit in your inventory. So you have to cancel the items you are making and then start crafting them again, so the extra stuff in your inventory will now get used.

Suggestion: If you are in the middle of manual crafting items with some "still to be made intermediate items" in the manual crafting queue and pick any of those items up, refresh the crafting queue using those new items you picked up. They won't show in your inventory, instead they will just shorten your crafting queue. (If this might be the opposite of what some people want, it could be a user settings configuration checkbox.)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Manual crafting, 2 suggestions

Post by FishSandwich »

Agree with your first point, it doesn't make sense to cancel the progress on a craft at all. Just remove whatever amount you want removed.

Second point I have an issue with. I may want to pick up some gears (for transporting? who knows) and maybe I don't want it to go into whatever I'm crafting. I'm fine with it being an option, though.

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

Now if you could pick up some gears and click with them on the crafting icons to add them to the current recipe...

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

deepdriller wrote:Now if you could pick up some gears and click with them on the crafting icons to add them to the current recipe...
That is a great suggestion. Very explicit what needs to happen, no unintended consequences, no extra UI elements required. Just drop the gears onto the 'crafting gears' icon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”