More Stats?

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

applemachine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

More Stats?

Post by applemachine »

During my last play through my focus was on using robots to move all of my resources. They make resource distribution too easy. So my challenge became making sure I had unlimited resources pouring into my factory. At one point I had maybe 5 or 6 trains constantly bringing in full loads of iron and copper. I didn't realize how much I was actually bringing in because of the inserter upgrades. I think it would have been more fun if I had a better idea of how much iron or copper I was bringing in and processing.

I'm suggesting a screen similar to the power screen except with production and mining stats. I can't decide whether or not that would be too much information or if it would effect game play in a way that would make it easier. I would just like to know how big my operation is getting over time. I would like to see times when I had trouble and see a graph reflecting that. I really like the power stats and often just sit and analyze them for patterns. I was hoping I could do the same with resources.

Even if these stats have some kind of negative effect on game play, I'd still like to see a grand total screen at the end of the game showing how much I've mined, and produced.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: More Stats?

Post by kovarex »

I could imagine stats for items mined/produced as well, I think that Factorio players like graphs :)

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

more graphs! more graphs!!!

i agree - more information about production/item movement/whatever would be very interesting.
i feel a little bit underinformed about how much stuff i need for whatever, too :)

more graphs! more graphs!!! :D

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I already said it, but now I make a more precise suggestion in the order of usefulness/need:
- count of all production. Mines, furnaces, assemblies. Just per item a graph how much is produced. Very equal to electricity.
- count of all usage/production per production-unit. A mine only produces, but a furnace uses ore and coal and produces plates... So you see under the stone furnace how much you have and how much iron ore and coal it has used till now and how much plates it has produced. Of course as graph too.
- I need definitely something like a counter-device. You put it over a belt, or inserter or chest (dunno how this could look) and it measures, what goes in and out. The rest works like the point above - maybe, the point above isn't needed, if this has some quite universal use, e.g. count the item flow for all devices. This device should have a reset-button, which resets the counted items to zero (not the graphs).
- now these numbers are also useful in the circuit network. Use for example: The current production of el. circuits is too low? Then switch on the secondary line...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ssilk wrote:I already said it, but now I make a more precise suggestion in the order of usefulness/need:
- count of all production. Mines, furnaces, assemblies. Just per item a graph how much is produced. Very equal to electricity.
- count of all usage/production per production-unit. A mine only produces, but a furnace uses ore and coal and produces plates... So you see under the stone furnace how much you have and how much iron ore and coal it has used till now and how much plates it has produced. Of course as graph too.
- I need definitely something like a counter-device. You put it over a belt, or inserter or chest (dunno how this could look) and it measures, what goes in and out. The rest works like the point above - maybe, the point above isn't needed, if this has some quite universal use, e.g. count the item flow for all devices. This device should have a reset-button, which resets the counted items to zero (not the graphs).
- now these numbers are also useful in the circuit network. Use for example: The current production of el. circuits is too low? Then switch on the secondary line...
Having individual graph for every machine is too big amount of data.
The rest seems fine.

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zlosynus »

Also it would be useful and small to have for every mine and assembling machine some stats how many percent of time it is producing (with a reset button), and some global stats (how many items was produced, how long it is running, total electricity cost). Similarly for every turret the number of kills.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

kovarex wrote:
ssilk wrote: - count of all usage/production per production-unit. A mine only produces, but a furnace uses ore and coal and produces plates... So you see under the stone furnace how much you have and how much iron ore and coal it has used till now and how much plates it has produced. Of course as graph too.
Having individual graph for every machine is too big amount of data.
The rest seems fine.
Well, yes storage, thought for max. 10 I would use, but of course no limit and then of course a data problem. Hm.

No solution, but a thought: what, if we use the circuit network to get that data? If we cannot only plug chests and inserters into it, but all other devices too. Every device which is in a circuit network could push its production-numbers into it. So what would be measured is only the current amount of produced items since game start. Like the items in the chests, but only growing. And like the electric network for every circuit network there could be a statistic. :) click on a pole and you have max. 3 tabs of statistics: one for electric, one for red and one for green. I mean, that would be more than enough, if that is counted per circuit network.
And to the usage of mem: If we can create endless electric networks, why not also for circuit networks? Or are the number of el. networks limited cause of that? Then this limitations must also be set for circuit networks. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

applemachine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by applemachine »

I could imagine stats for items mined/produced as well, I think that Factorio players like graphs
Graphs are like crack man...

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

great ideas - and i think that realising it with the electric signal network would be pretty awesome..
aaaaand !!!!! BELT ITEM COUNTER !!!!!

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

gr0mpel wrote:great ideas - and i think that realising it with the electric signal network would be pretty awesome..
aaaaand !!!!! BELT ITEM COUNTER !!!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

for belt counters i would really like something like an items per miniute reader, possible make it so it can be hooked-up to the power grid, and also having an option to name, and rearrange different counters+ group them together link them to others ect, it would be an incredibly powerful diagnostics tool. my main uses would include an output check for any large mines(if there was an internal note system or a warning section to alert you when the flow drops too far, it would be even more resourceful if it could tell the difference between an item glut and an item shortage) and if it could have a warning for designated critical infrastructure(like my coal supply for my generators)

god i'm getting far too excited about seeing more graphs and readouts

_0rbit_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _0rbit_ »

I would like to be able to select a specific area of my factory and see the stats on throughput. Items per second, perhaps after a sliding average filter (as is done with the electrical power network).

The reason I would like to have this is that I want to be able to evaluate and improve my design in a simpler fashion. I have made a few dozen different train loading devices; some use lots of chests, belts, inserters, some even have up to 10 inserters and 3 different type of belts and splitters, etc.

If I could have a way to simply measure the maximum throughput of each of those then I could decide if my complexer design is worth the effort.

Oh and numbers... I loooooove numbers :P More numbersssss

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

since we now have a production information, it would be nice if the amounf COAL that gets consumed/mined is shown.

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arl85 »

gr0mpel wrote:since we now have a production information, it would be nice if the amounf COAL that gets consumed/mined is shown.
it is already show consumption of iron/copper ores, so it seem reasonable to list coal also.
and maybe adding amount of "produced" (extracted) ores (iron, copper, stones, coal)

another nice suggestion would be having possibility to filter graph lines: at the moment when 5/6 lines are shown all next ones appear white. I suppose it is because the "color list" is over.
So having possibility to toggle on/off a single line can solve this problem.
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”