Adaptive difficulty

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Adaptive difficulty

Post by ssilk »

The first game I know, which has a difficulty, which intelligently applied to how good you are was SWIV.
Once you managed to kill everything on screen, the game became incredible difficult and it took us weeks (could be only played in coop) to hcme to the end without cheat.

Wouldn't that be also a good idea for f.? I mean the devs said, they want the creepers to respond to the air pollution. But maybe also on how many ammo you have, or how far you are with research? How many ore did you collect?
And much more interesting: how many creepers can be spawned to have a good chance to kill you, but to make it not unfair difficult? How much ore must be in which radius to let the creepers be not so aggressive in the beginning?

Just such things, to bring the player to the limits and bring him into danger, which might kill him, but not to make it unfair, because there was just no copper with 200 tiles. .., It's a very blurred border.

PS: this is the map of the game http://hol.abime.net/2240/gamemap - I mention it, because some things there would also be useful in factorio!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Adaptive difficulty

Post by zer0t3ch »

This could be good. +1
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch