Run and stamina

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Do you like it?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

MpPozor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Run and stamina

Post by MpPozor »

When I play some hours I think about usage for fishes.
First was eat fish for get full healths.
Second was add run and stamina. Stamina will regenerate very slow and you can get full stamina by eating fishes.

When you run, you can not destroy, laying or attacking.
Running have to be faster than walk but slower than riding the car.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Run and stamina

Post by ssilk »

I like using food for for that. But for me the question here is: Why do you want to run faster?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MpPozor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MpPozor »

Why not?
I always build big base and it took bit long to walk from across. I can't use car because I don't have space.

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

I like these ideas, and if you add them to this one the game would get so much nicer! Maybe Shift for sprinting and Control for walking?
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

MpPozor wrote:Why not?
I always build big base and it took bit long to walk from across. I can't use car because I don't have space.
It's not so, that I don't like the idea, but it has a reason why I ask, because there is no sense in speeding up something, when it slows down at another thing. So: Speedup is faster walk, slowdown is fetching fishes.
Now again the question: Why would a player would do that? I don't mean you or me, I mean the general player, which begins to play factorio. Which benefit will he have, so that he think: Yes, this makes sense! Just fishing and faster walk? I think this is not enough, but I've no idea, how it can be made more benefiting. :)

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

You could also use the sprinting ability for hit&run attacks on enemy bases or to quickly get into the range of your turrets if an enemy attack catches you off guard…

I don't usually eat fish to replenish my health, but it's nice to have in emergencies. For stamina, it could be the same.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Why not handle that similar to other games?
So you can just sprint for a defined amount of time. The time is shown as a progressbar above the health( only while sprinting).

And eating a fish let you run for some seconds without decreasing the progress bar.

P.S I saw fishes just as a placeholder for regeneration (health and sprinting) until more realistic content is added, but this is not related to the topic and should be discussed elsewhere.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Sprints can be a researchable thing, like the armor.

In conjunction with the streets I made the suggestion to research roller skates ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ates#p7729 ) but without streets, this makes of course no sense. :) Take roller skates just as a placeholder, then they can be replaced by "Steam Legs" and they just need coal or wood but will be very inefficient, but they need of course a higher research-level than roller skates. :) Steam Legs will also fit much better into the Steam-Punk theme.

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

ssilk wrote:Sprints can be a researchable thing, like the armor.

In conjunction with the streets I made the suggestion to research roller skates ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ates#p7729 ) but without streets, this makes of course no sense. :) Take roller skates just as a placeholder, then they can be replaced by "Steam Legs" and they just need coal or wood but will be very inefficient, but they need of course a higher research-level than roller skates. :) Steam Legs will also fit much better into the Steam-Punk theme.
O_O
STEAM LEGS sounds awesome.......... what about an even higher level research called "hybrid legs" that run off of elecricity while you are in range of an electric pole, but switches to steam power when you leave?
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes, but electric sounds so ... electric. that was the first thing I thought, but then I said to me: Steam leags would fit perfectly into the scenario and be a perfect usage for the steam inserters you crafted in the beginning of freeplay.

And to the usage my opinion is: "Yes" for emergencies, "no" for just walking faster in the factory.
I think the usage should be limited for emergencies or so only, because I think it uses (for example) 6 coal per second - which is ridiculous much compared to anything else. 10.4 seconds for a stack of coal (or much longer if you have so much coal) should really be enough to get out of danger. So using it is expensive but sometimes useful. And eventually also water is needed to run with them. Much smoke then, which is also useful if you are in danger.

And to walk faster in the factory:
- I meanwhile begun to lay fast belts (like making streets) in some directions across the factory. Just to walk on it into the direction I want, like a moving stairway. I found this is very, very practical and it makes so much sense!
- And maybe the devs introduce really roads/streets into game and my beloved roller skates could make sense then. :) (or you are just faster on the road as on the field, even without roller skates)

You see, in the factory this shouldn't be needed. But I you want, you can use it!
And if you really need it in the factory, then it is maybe too big, or built it at a bad place or something else, but this is not a problem of the game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”