Show item manufacture time

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Phantasm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Show item manufacture time

Post by Phantasm »

Each item should show the manufacturing time cost required to make the item. Currently the time shown for raw materials is only to make the items leading to current.

It would be very useful for calculations to see the manufacturing time cost.

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Show item manufacture time

Post by Holy-Fire »

It's already displayed. Below the name of the item you have text such as "Time: 20". For most items the time is 1 so this line is omitted.

The number shown under "total raw" is the total for all intermediate items and for the item itself.

Phantasm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantasm »

Holy-Fire wrote:It's already displayed. Below the name of the item you have text such as "Time: 20". For most items the time is 1 so this line is omitted.
Yea, I noticed some items have it. But most don't have. And I doubt more than half items have 1 as manufacture time.

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Holy-Fire »

Phantasm wrote:
Holy-Fire wrote:It's already displayed. Below the name of the item you have text such as "Time: 20". For most items the time is 1 so this line is omitted.
Yea, I noticed some items have it. But most don't have. And I doubt more than half items have 1 as manufacture time.
There's nothing to doubt. When the time value isn't displayed it is 1, which is for the vast majority of items. There's no erratic hiding of information.

Also check out Program Files\Factorio\data\base\prototypes\recipe\recipe.lua, that's where the game goes to to read item recipes, and the time is listed as energy_required. When it's not given the default is 1.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”