Personal logistics tweaks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

porcupine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Personal logistics tweaks

Post by porcupine »

Ok, so I'm probably ~50 hours into my second stab at Space Exploration (first one used Krastorio and a bunch of other mods, and I abandoned after getting lost regarding what to do some time back). I'm at the point where I'm actually in space/orbit, and I realized what a pain the number of items I had on me (relative to inventory space) was.

- A number of ground based items, aren't usable in space, yet your inventory is packed full of 'em.
- A number of the space based items can't be used on the ground, but the same as above.
- There's not enough inventory space (on base armor/thruster suit) to accommodate both, yet your only real options are logistics requests on/off, and manually emptying your inventory. This brings me to a few suggestions:

#1 - I know it's been suggested before -- Multiple personal logistics load-outs. I'd assume a tab at the top to cycle between, but if that's not workable, maybe being able to enable/disable rows of the logistics requests with a mouse click would work (at least then click a few rows to swap). This could be very applicable in vanilla & MP as well (IE: maybe you want a load-out for fighting, another for building, another for making outposts, a single row of the important stuff for corpse retrieval, etc.)

#2 - The ability to copy rows of your personal logistics requests, over to constant coordinators, similar to how you can between factories and requester chests. Want to make a smart supply setup for trains/rockets/spidertrons/whatever? Not having to perpetually fiddle with what to include, but instead simply a few clicks to copy rows out of your logistics request screen would make more sense, right? Especially if you're not at end game, where you have to repeatedly modify everything, with each new researched tech, etc.

#3 - Same as #2, but with requester chests. What if you want to punt off some extra supply of a few rows of your logistics network? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to copy/paste rows from the personal logistics network into a chest?

#4 - Same train of thought as #3, it would be nice to be able to specify one time requests on the personal logistics network. Maybe stuff you don't want cluttering your inventory forever, but want 10pcs of, just one off. Maybe you accidentally binned all your blueprints, or planners while trying to liquidate your inventory for example. A quick method to do a one time request, which disappears after its fixed qty has been fulfilled could be handy.

#5 - Not sure if this exists and I missed it, but a tag you can program in combinators to identify the item type (IE: Ore, crating material, structure, final item [non-recipe], etc. -- I realize there's potentially multiple levels of overlap here). I thought it'd be clever to automate my cargo rockets to supply 100 of every item, by pulling from the ground logistics network, subtracting what was in space with combinators to feed 100 of each item into space VIA cargo rocket. In my head, "perfect, I'll have 100 of every chest, inserter, construct-able entity, etc." and just specify items where I needed more in a constant combinator with higher values. I knew there'd be some bloat (IE: wooden poles, old burner inserters, yellow belts, etc.), but I failed to account for how much actual bloat there was, when it was "100 of everything". Realistically I wanted "100 of every built structure", but couldn't find a way to realistically signal out the trash, without manually specifying 100+ items across a half dozen constant combinators.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”