No minable resources filter in deconstruction planner

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

No minable resources filter in deconstruction planner

Post by Hornwitser »

TL;DR
Filter for mining drills with no minable resources in deconstruction planner
What ?
Add a filter for mining drills with "no minable resources" to the deconstruction planner just like there's a filter for ghosts and a filter items on the ground. Basically it would be a special filter category that only marks mining drills when they have no more resources to mine. I.e. if you have a decon planner with "no minable resources" and "pumpjack" it'll only mark pumpjacks that have depleted their wells (for modded wells that deplete) and not any depleted miners.
Why ?
It makes it much easier to trim down the miners on half depleted resource patches.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: No minable resources filter in deconstruction planner

Post by DaleStan »

Both Auto Deconstruct and Picker Inventory Tools provide a better (as in 'more automatic') version of this feature today.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Hornwitser wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:34 pm
TL;DR
Filter for mining drills with no minable resources in deconstruction planner
What ?
Add a filter for mining drills with "no minable resources" to the deconstruction planner just like there's a filter for ghosts and a filter items on the ground. Basically it would be a special filter category that only marks mining drills when they have no more resources to mine. I.e. if you have a decon planner with "no minable resources" and "pumpjack" it'll only mark pumpjacks that have depleted their wells (for modded wells that deplete) and not any depleted miners.
Why ?
It makes it much easier to trim down the miners on half depleted resource patches.
I know that this is not what you want, but what you can do is filter for mining drills, deconstruct all of them (this does not mine any ore), let the bots deconstruct them, and then hit undo.
Only drills which can be placed will be restored.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hornwitser »

DaleStan wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:21 pm
Both Auto Deconstruct and Picker Inventory Tools provide a better (as in 'more automatic') version of this feature today.
I know about auto deconstruct, but I wanted to do the deconstruction myself so that I can keep track of how much of a mine has depleted since the last time I looked at it.
aka13 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:23 pm
I know that this is not what you want, but what you can do is filter for mining drills, deconstruct all of them (this does not mine any ore), let the bots deconstruct them, and then hit undo.
Only drills which can be placed will be restored.
I actually thought about doing this. But the bots are currently quite slow in the game I'm playing on so it probably wouldn't save any time over manually deconstructing the depleted ones.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

If all you need is a way to visually see which drills to manually deconstruct, the game has it already. The activity indicator light on the drill is red when there are no resources left (or no power). This works for electric drills at least.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

If all you're wanting is to track a resource deposit and potentially how much is left, a mod like this one may help with that:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/YARM
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”