Add support to search by keybinding when browsing "Controls Settings"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

macintacos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Add support to search by keybinding when browsing "Controls Settings"

Post by macintacos »

Even with the base game, it can be difficult to know what keybinding is supposed to trigger what. As such, I would like to be able to search for keybindings explicitly, either via an explicit button at the top of the keybindings view or have the filtering engine "switch" to that method of search when you put your search term in quotes (or something like that).

It's best to give an example. I have a mod that is using the keybind "U", which I would like to unbind and switch to something else. If I type "U" in the search bar, naturally, anything with "U" in the name shows up, so now I have to find where that mod has its keybindings or I have to search for things that I think might bring up what I am looking for, both of which are less than ideal. I would like to go into some kind of search mode such that "U" only shows items with "U" as the binding.

I searched around and I couldn't find a suggestion for explicitly this feature - apologies if that's already been brought up in the past!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Add support to search by keybinding when browsing "Controls Settings"

Post by ssilk »

There is a very similar topic:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47514 Missing support for keybind conflict detection / Add Duplicate Keybind Warning/ Show double keybinds
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”