Spidertron click-drag move hacknslash style

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Kobrar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Spidertron click-drag move hacknslash style

Post by Kobrar »

TL;DR
It would be convenient for spidetron to follow mouse drag with the remote equipped.

What ?
Battling nests I found myself wanting to control my spidertron with a mouse drag. It doesn't seem like that big of a change, but available control modes of wasd and mouse clicks are much more cumbersome. It doesn't seem to me like it would interfere with present control modes in any way.
Why ?
It seems to me like it would be easy to implement. There is an entire genre of games about battling hordes of enemies with the follow drag control scheme, so I feel it would be a good fit for spidertron.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Spidertron click-drag move hacknslash style

Post by FuryoftheStars »

If it could be integrated in without affecting the current movement controls, then I’d be ok with it. But if not, then no.

Frankly, I prefer wasd over mouse movement controls. Wasd allows you to control the movement while freeing the mouse for other things. I also don’t see the point in changing the movement controls of this one thing, making it different from everything else.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Spidertron click-drag move hacknslash style

Post by ssilk »

There is a mod which implements move to mouse click (I call it Diablo movement). Not the same as suggested but similar and could surely changed.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/move-with-mouse-updated
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”