Draw rail blocks and power/circuit wires on top of debug tile grid

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Draw rail blocks and power/circuit wires on top of debug tile grid

Post by sparr »

I often enable the debug tile grid when developing blueprints. A minor annoyance which occasionally leads to mistakes is that both the colored lines for rail blocks and the red/gold/green lines for power and circuit wires can be completely hidden by the grid when they line up, which is often the case for lines and wires going directly north/south.

I would find it helpful if one or both of those things were drawn on top of the tile grid instead of below it.

PS: I tried to address half of this problem by using a mod that makes wires thicker, but unfortunately the way the wire sprite is stretched makes that not work on vertical wires.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Draw rail blocks and power/circuit wires on top of debug tile grid

Post by mrvn »

An option to have the tile grid below buildings would be useful too. I only want it to place things, not to overlay everything.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Another related thing would be a hot-key when placing buildings, tiles or blueprint to make the mouse move only along an axis. If you could align a blueprint and then move it without the risk of drifting off axis by a tile or two then often you wouldn't need the grid at all.

While pressed the game would only consider the mouse movement along the axis where the delta is larger and ignore the minor movement on the other axis. Similar how dragging belts or pipes sticks with the direction of the belt or pipes.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

With FFFs announcing new information coming to the rail block indicators, this feels like a good time to refresh this request. The indicators disappearing under grid lines makes them less useful overall.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”