Constant combinators should remember the value when changing recipes manually

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

pulli23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Constant combinators should remember the value when changing recipes manually

Post by pulli23 »

Currently I have to retype the value each time, I'm using constant combinators with LTN to provide ltn the information "what" it should request.

What happens is that I have as output (say) "-200k coal". Then I want to change (having copied the area) the output to wood
When I click on the output symbol I am given a a new menu. I select wood here
Now value is back to "zero".

What I hope to happen is to just change the type and keep the value field.

I know this is already possible when you change the type by not searching manually for the type, but instead click with a wood on the field.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Constant combinators should remember the value when changing recipes manually

Post by ssilk »

I think this won’t happen, because it would be a constant source of avoidable mistakes.

Instead I recommend to automate your setup, so that you don’t have to reset 6our chest by hand and just push a switch to turn that on/off. And have you seen the small switch inside the combinator, where you already can do this?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Constant combinators should remember the value when changing recipes manually

Post by aka13 »

ssilk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 am
I think this won’t happen, because it would be a constant source of avoidable mistakes.

Instead I recommend to automate your setup, so that you don’t have to reset 6our chest by hand and just push a switch to turn that on/off. And have you seen the small switch inside the combinator, where you already can do this?
I find it so surreal that the base game does not have a pushbutton, and that you have to open a GUI to change state. It's so tedious! I find that constant combinators are a nuisance to use for manual toggling of any kind. I would love for pushbutton mod to be integrated in vanilla.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Agreed, but off-topic. :)

pulli23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pulli23 »

Well the problem for me is that I also need to read the content of the chests - so I can't just automate set the request for each chest from a single input point as I cannot do both things.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, there are really some mods, that helps with that problem. And using them makes clear: there is no “best way” of doing that.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”