An item that deploys follower capsules in bulk

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

An item that deploys follower capsules in bulk

Post by lovewyrm »

TL;DR
An item like 'discharge defense', that spews out followers in bulk.

What ?
Follower capsules (Defense, Distractor, Destroyer) are often overlooked, despite being really really good, even in late-ish mid game.
This suggested item could be a 'defense deployer', a 'distractor deployer' and a 'destroyer deployer'.
For any of these flavors, a trigger/remote control should exist, too. Like the discharge defense.
It should have a single grid occupation size.

For practical purposes, it acts like a personal roboport, tied to a follower robot, meaning you'll have to have the capsules in the player inventory.
Just like the roboport wants the construction robots in it.

Upon activation, it spews out ten (maybe it's configurable) capsules of its kind at a time.
It takes no power, or very little power (easily to be covered by a single solar cell).

For example, a power suit loadout of:
2 defender capsule deployers
1 distractor capsule deployers
with
1 defender capsule deployer trigger
1 distractor capsule deployer trigger
in the inventory of the player
Would deploy 20 defender capsules at the spot the player clicks with the trigger, and 10 distractor capsules at the point the player clicks at with its own separate trigger.
Why ?
It automates the deployment of follower robot capsules, to a degree, or at least makes them much easier to use.
Imagine having a follower robot count of 50, and you put in 5 defender capsule deployers in your body armor, each occupying a single grid square.
With the click of one trigger, all 50 defense drones would come out. A true contender for laser defense at that point. And scales more or less gracefully over time and research/limits.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: An item that deploys follower capsules in bulk

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lovewyrm »

yeah, but in the future, due to your response to my other thread you don't have to help me anymore.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

I also want capsule deployment to be less tedious. I have used the mod ssilk linked. I also made a mod for deploying all capsules, not just the followers. With automatic deployment the first capsules don't become obsolete once you unlock capsules with higher fire power. If you can release all at once then you can run and gun instead of just spamming destroyers.

I personally don't want to be forced to use a remote, if I could have the option for equipment that activated by itself then that would be preferable to me. And it should be able to throw slowdown capsules etc as well :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

lovewyrm wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:54 am
yeah, but in the future, due to your response to my other thread you don't have to help me anymore.
I’m sorry, that my joke hit so hard, but I must inform you, that a) the threads aren’t owned by the author. You are the creator, yes, but the owner is wube, which drives this forum and b) By helping you out I help also others, that read this thread.
:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lovewyrm »

ssilk wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:10 pm
lovewyrm wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:54 am
I’m sorry, that my joke hit so hard, but I must inform you, that a) the threads aren’t owned by the author. You are the creator, yes, but the owner is wube, which drives this forum and b) By helping you out I help also others, that read this thread.
:)
No, it's fine.
Just like I don't need thrown mines if I don't use mines.
You don't need to moderate threads if you don't look inside them. Feel free to post anywhere else other than my threads.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”