Add a Lock Min & Max toggle to the item request slot slider

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Add a Lock Min & Max toggle to the item request slot slider

Post by BenSeidel »

TLDR; Allow locking min and max values for item request slots for easier changing of common item requests

Lock Button.png
Lock Button.png (963.75 KiB) Viewed 752 times
When the toggle is pressed it locks the min and max sliders move together, so you don't have to drag each individually. Moving one always moves the other.

Why?
Because I find that having an exact number of items more practical than dealing with a range of items. Either I want the robots to give me something OR I want the robots to take things from me. I'm rarely in the position where I'm deconstructing something and I don't want the robots to take it from me.

Likewise it helps with values outside of the range of the slider. Because the right most value of the maximum slider is "inf.", if you increase the minimum slider to it's maximum value the robots stop taking the item from your inventory.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Add a Lock Min & Max toggle to the item request slot slider

Post by ssilk »

And I would go so far and say, this locked state is the default, because it reduces the complexity. From two sliders to one. From not self-explaining to very clear.

And for the other state with two values I recommend a new input method, which works with dragging. (I have the idea from graylog, a tool used to view into log files and this has very good input methods to the the timeslot it should look into)

Precondition: You need a bigger slider with a scale on it to click to the (exact) number.
If you click into the slider and drag the mouse to the right, the first click is the minimal value and the second is the maximal value. If you drag to the left this is reversed.

With this input method you don’t need this locked state, because if you don’t drag the mouse it means exactly that minimum and maximum is equal.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”