Information cut off at higher scaling

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Synchrose
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Information cut off at higher scaling

Post by Synchrose »

I need new glasses. I have the GUI set to higher scale than default otherwise I can't read/see it well. The problem is this frequently results in parts of the panel being cut off the bottom of the screen such as machine energy display meaning I can't tell if the machine is getting enough power (I'm running on a mix of steam and solar at present). Maybe have the mini-map or other less essential information reduced or collapsed to compensate for screen overlap when this occurs?

When for example a right-click context menu in another software overlaps the screen dimensions it becomes scroll-able to compensate.
Attachments
20220117131524_1.jpg
20220117131524_1.jpg (481.89 KiB) Viewed 850 times

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Information cut off at higher scaling

Post by SoShootMe »

Synchrose wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:53 am
When for example a right-click context menu in another software overlaps the screen dimensions it becomes scroll-able to compensate.
Since the entity tooltip is only shown on hover, there's no obvious way to allow it to be scrolled when there's too much to fit on the screen. But you can show it at the cursor instead (Settings, Interface, Tooltips, untick Entity tooltip on the side).

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Information cut off at higher scaling

Post by Pi-C »

There are mods that hide the minimap when you hover over an entity, e.g. More Minimap Autohide or Expand Tooltip.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”