Ability to set grid offset for blueprint book

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

urgency
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Ability to set grid offset for blueprint book

Post by urgency »

TL;DR
It would be nice to be able to offset a collection of snap-to-grid blueprints together.

What ?
By "grid offset" here I mean the X/Y values you configure next to the "Absolute" section for snap-to-grid blueprints using absolute grid positioning. Currently this is configured separately for each blueprint but there are situations where it would be nice to share an offset.
Why ?
I love building grid systems in Factorio. With such a system you have a bunch of blueprints with the same grid size and offset so they align with one another. When you build an actual base with blueprints like this you may decide that you'd actually like to offset the grid by some amount e.g. because the terrain in your seed favors it. Currently you'd need to go in to each blueprint in the system and adjust the offset. It would be nice if I could have a grid system in a blueprint book and be able to offset them together.

I realize there are edge cases like what to do with a book of irregularly sized grid sizes. Maybe you could just configure X/Y values that get added to the offset of any absolute snap-to-grid blueprints in the book.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”