Make landfilled tiles/ground absorb polution

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Defective_Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Make landfilled tiles/ground absorb polution

Post by Defective_Soul »

In curent game conditions if you fill water chunk with landfill it stops absorbing polution, and i understand that wneh you use concrete it ok if it does so because soil is not in direct contact with ground + there no green stuff growing + concrte ain't allow to polution get inside soil + it gives you increased walking speed so it trade off of hawing lesser/no polution absorbtion for increased speed, but in case of landfinnled tiles i duno why it stops absorbing polution at all... Even waterfilled chunks do ! Since so, can you add/fix/edit polution system that it will also make use of landfilled tiles, or at least say why it not absorbs so

Also what you thing about make non-mod anti-polution things ? Maby when you chop a tree it droops seeds wich you can use to regrow forest or some other way exclude filling free tiles with waterfill chess grid so you still able to walk trough fast but still benefit from as from concrete as from absorbtion from watrfill ?

esygrim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Make landfilled tiles/ground absorb polution

Post by esygrim »

yeah i wondered about the same thing and thought about suggesting something like that.
maybe it would be nice to play around the idea one could choose to not chop trees but "unplant" them as a whole and replant them somewhere else, like on landfill. it would also be really nice if i could remove placed landfill.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

To me, pollution absorption by tiles is supposed to be representative of any grass and other non-tree stuff growing on them. As landfill doesn’t have any of this, it makes sense that it doesn’t absorb pollution.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/tiles-absorb-pollution

Enables pollution absorption for all tiles. I felt like there should never be a scenario where pollution would persist indefinitely.

Defective_Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Defective_Soul »

adam_bise wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:17 pm
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/tiles-absorb-pollution

Enables pollution absorption for all tiles. I felt like there should never be a scenario where pollution would persist indefinitely.
I think that concrete / player-made surfaces are ok to not-absorb polution, but when we use landfill it weird that it not get any absorbtion
Mod you mentionad lacks of settings/customizability, i think that this is ok that pawed tiles not absorb polution

hey imajine if theer will be actual water-based polution absorbers and you will had to polute water just to recycle it somehow, filany a new use for green water update !

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”