Better manipulation with artillery shells (loading/unloading half)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AristomachosCZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Better manipulation with artillery shells (loading/unloading half)

Post by AristomachosCZ »

TL;DR
Make it possible to split artillery shells (at least in half) when loading them into more artillery waggons (and unload.), please.

What ?

Link to all pictures together: https://imgur.com/a/q2LVwxV

Why ?
The artillery shells are the only one thing with stack size 1, with it is manipulated in larger quantities. So there are players who would appreciate this Qol.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Better manipulation with artillery shells (loading/unloading half)

Post by ssilk »

Please add the pics into the forum. Imgur has the tendency to forget pictures and then this post becomes worthless.

Edit:
This will not come and I tend to move it to won’t implement.

Because you can automate that in several ways:
- loading: You can set the slot-limit (the Red Cross) to limit the slots to 50%.
Now you can also fill the shells automatically to the chosen limit; with a chest and an inserter you can fill the shells. Really simple.
- unloading: the same. You can unload with the same technique until the chest is filled to 50%. With some mod (e.g. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Inventory%20Sensor ) you can check how much is inside each wagon.

Factorio is a game about automation, not how to make everything by hand faster than automation. ;) 8-)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

AristomachosCZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AristomachosCZ »

Ok, I understand. I know the ways, how it could be automated, but I had in mind the situations when I am far of my base (in a temporary battle outpost) with no power grid and roboports around. But never mind, it was only a minor suggestion, nothing crucial.

And I also would like to thank you for your fast reply.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

AristomachosCZ wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:55 am
Ok, I understand. I know the ways, how it could be automated, but I had in mind the situations when I am far of my base (in a temporary battle outpost) with no power grid and roboports around. But never mind, it was only a minor suggestion, nothing crucial.

And I also would like to thank you for your fast reply.
in my base i use Artillery Wagons to truck the shells around because it's more dense, 100 vs 40. you can unload from them with an inserter.

additionally, because they stack to 100 in a single Arty wagon slot you can simply right click it to grab half.

AristomachosCZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AristomachosCZ »

ptx0 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:25 pm
additionally, because they stack to 100 in a single Arty wagon slot you can simply right click it to grab half.
No, that' s what I am pointing at – you can't do this. If you right click on the 100 shells stack in artillery wagon, you will grab exactly only a single shell.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

AristomachosCZ wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:51 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:25 pm
No, that' s what I am pointing at – you can't do this. If you right click on the 100 shells stack in artillery wagon, you will grab exactly only a single shell.
ah i think Cursor Enhancements is fixing this for me, then.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”