Extend mod filter when browsing public multiplayer games

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Extend mod filter when browsing public multiplayer games

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
The mod filter when browsing public multiplayer games should have more options.
What ?
At a minimum there should be an options to only show games with the same mods as currently active.
Options to filter for games with only mods already downloaded and games with at least all active mods would be better.
The best would be a whitelist and blacklist for mods.
Why ?
Say the user wants to play a Space Exploration game. Finding one in the long list of public multiplayer games is tedious. Each came has to be selected and the modlist read to see is Space Exploration is included.

Or a player doesn't want to play a game with waterfill because he always drowns himself. There is no way to hide those from the list.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Extend mod filter when browsing public multiplayer games

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Good idea. Just to clarify, would you want to filter for mod version as well?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Extend mod filter when browsing public multiplayer games

Post by mrvn »

I never had a problem with the mod version personally, as in I would only play if it's using mod foobar <= 1.2.3, not any later version.

But from hopping on different games yesterday the mod versions seems to be something that is a bit buggy in the browser. Like when you click at a game to join and it needs to sync mods it ends up with the wrong version active and you have to restart factorio a second time to activate the correct version.

The mod version is shown after each mod when clicking at a game so the information is there. So it would be possible to filter for mod versions. Don't know if I would ever have cause to use it.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”