Roboports in vanilla improvments

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Pat4yczek
Inserter
Inserter

Roboports in vanilla improvments

Post by Pat4yczek »

Hi everyone.

I playing long time factorio, after beat vanilla I started have fun with mods.
One think I will not return to vanilla is roboports, you have only one building to manage with zones.
So I'm sure by improve a base game is to add modules such thinks like: robochest, zones expanders, charging stations etc..
And maybe there is two thinks what is poor, one it's connecting buildings to logistic zones, where on/off stuff with logistic network is not enough.
Second is networks itself, when you have them a lot, it's not possible is to manage them by knowing only number, so a good practice is to adding names to them.

See ya.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Roboports in vanilla improvments

Post by mrvn »

That's what mods are for and they do a good job there.

But what I miss and what can't be solved by mods is to have logistic/construction networks that overlap. A simple interface would be to give the roboports (charging ports, robochests, zone expanders, ...) names and all roboports with the same name can connect into a network. Roboports with different names won't connect. And bots would remember the name of the network they are in. Now that would really add something new to the game.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Roboports in vanilla improvments

Post by ssilk »

There is

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093 Roboport/Logistic Network/Robot Enhancements/Robot Routing/Charging
and
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=43460 Logistic Network and Logistic Chest Extensions

And there are several mods, as mrvn already said. This suggestion is generally speaking to broad and not detailed enough to discuss this deeper. If you want to add details of how your idea should work and interact with other elements it might be possible.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”