Send train to station with Ctrl+click

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

thelordodin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Send train to station with Ctrl+click

Post by thelordodin »

Allow to send train to permanent station with Ctrl+click on station on train minimap (now sends only to temp station).
- From UI of an opened train.
- From map if current player is inside a train

Why:
Convinience.

Also:
Allow this on normal map when inside train.
Last edited by thelordodin on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Send train to station with Ctrl+click

Post by SoShootMe »

thelordodin wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:00 pm
Allow to send train to permanent station with Ctrl+click on station on train minimap (now sends only to temp station).
I guess you mean "send train to a particular stop as a one-off". Temporary stops are a single place (the train will always go there), but named stations are not necessarily a single place (the train might go to another stop with the same name, immediately or at basically any point before it arrives).

The ability to send a train to the same place as a given stop would be the same unless the stop is on bidirectional track. That amounts to "when holding Ctrl to insert a temporary stop, snap to stops like when adding a station with Shift."

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I think he means this for the "Train Overview" that shows all the trains with a minimap. Not when opening a train schedule of a specific train.

But it should be shift-click for stations and ctrl-click for waypoints so it matches the key bindings in the train schedule.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

mrvn wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:46 pm
I think he means this for the "Train Overview" that shows all the trains with a minimap. Not when opening a train schedule of a specific train.
How do you change a train's schedule without having the train schedule window open? IIRC you used to be able to send the train to an existing entry from the overview, but the overview is now purely "read-only" as far as I can see.

Regardless, I think the suggestion needs clarification.

thelordodin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thelordodin »

Added clarification.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Well, then this can be moved to "implemented". It's ctrl-click for a temporary stop and shot-click for a permanent click. Works both in the train UI and in map mode when driving a train.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”