TL;DRLet a spidertron be transported by train
What ?* Give spidertron the ability to climb on top of a wagon (possibly a new dedicated spidertron wagon) and ride it.
* Possibly it needs to be put there by a trackside entity (thinking about implementation here, this may make it easier to give the necessary orders).
* Add a new toggle to spidertron's auto targeting for "on train" (or just disable auto targeting on when it's on a train)
* Maybe add a new train wait condition for the number of spidertrons on the train.
Why ?Giving spidertron orders by remote is useful to do construction or attack biters. Sometimes the distances are too large that it would take ages to get there. Sometimes there is a lake in the way and you need heaps of waypoints to get spidertron to go around it instead of gazing into the lake. You can deconstruct the spidertron, ride a train with the spidertron in your backpack, then place it at the other end, but that involves the character having to go there, and will empty the spidertron's inventory. At that point, the remote is close to pointless.
This would significantly enhance spidertron as a remote controlled problem solver by being able to get to the places where you want a problem solved.
Also it would look cool (not sure whether the art department loves me or hates me at this point).
Why Not?* Potential balance issues around (ab)using the spidertron's inventory and/or equipment grid while on a train (cars on belts? cargo wagon chests?). Can't think of much at this stage beyond a train with lasers and rockets.
* Removes the impetus to keep spidertrons deployed and supplied throughout your factory. Maybe makes an already powerful vehicle too OP.
* Potentially viewtopic.php?t=92442 combined with transporting a deconstructed spidertron and building spidertron by blueprint at the other end is the better approach, though that does rely on bots at the end, and maybe more clicks too.