Highlight resource's line in production line graph chart

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kaavik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Highlight resource's line in production line graph chart

Post by kaavik »

TL;DR: When you move cursor over resource icon in charts (Production, Electric Network, etc), please highlight/bold the matching line in the line-graph chart.

Factorio's statistics are awesome. I use Production and Electric network info charts regularly, especially to check trends and look for unexpected dips. It is also extremely helpful to use the graphs to watch if final products closely follow intermediate product production trends (do they go up and down together). My complaint is that if I click on a single resource, the graph automatically "highlights" [only] that resource but ALSO changes the scale and line color (if not first resource that is blue) so you lose the immediate point of reference relative to other products that were previously showing on the graph. Thus, selecting the resource(s) by itself is an unsatisfactory work-around.

Please make it so that when you hover over a resource icon/button that it also highlights the corresponding line in the graph at the same time as the icon/button is highlighted in the table.

Shadow_Man
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Highlight resource's line in production line graph chart

Post by Shadow_Man »

+1

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Highlight resource's line in production line graph chart

Post by mrvn »

And the line should be drawn on top of all others.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”