Link station count to overview of stations

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Link station count to overview of stations

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
Clicking on the stations count in the train stop GUI should jump to the train stations overview with the train stops name selected.
What ?
When opening the train stop GUI at the top it shows the number of train stops with the same name in blue. Clicking at the number should open the train station overview with the name of the train stop pre-selected to show all the train stops with the same name.
station-to-stations.png
station-to-stations.png (212.74 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
Why ?
Just a QoL thing to faster see all the stations with the same name. For example when the number of stations with the same is unexpected. Or before changing a stop in a way that would potentially break other stops with the same name.

Necronium
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Link station count to overview of stations

Post by Necronium »

For past few weeks I was thinking about something similar that could open window with all stations with same name by one click in window with current train station.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Necronium wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:38 pm
For past few weeks I was thinking about something similar that could open window with all stations with same name by one click in window with current train station.
Like in the train schedule? Clicking on the station name in the train schedule zooms to the station the train targets. Only works for the current schedule index and if it has a station targeted. So can't use that to show all stations with the same name there.

Necronium
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necronium »

I mean the almost same thing that you said but it could be just a additional button in trains station window rather than shortcut via number of stations with same name.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Yeah, this could be beneficial.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I would not come to the idea to click on that little link. The functionality of this is ok, but not how it should be toggled.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I don't know, has the same color as links used to have in web browsers. :)

But whatever the devs feel best to make a link with. It's the functionality that counts.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Add an underline to it? Otherwise, put a button next to it.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”