[0.18.45] "Reselect New Contents for Blueprints" defaults to "Train Stop Names" selected

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TrojanEnder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.45] "Reselect New Contents for Blueprints" defaults to "Train Stop Names" selected

Post by TrojanEnder »

If you have a blueprint with "Train Stop Names" unselected and you select new contents for blueprints the returned blueprint will have "Train Stop Names" selected by default. I think the blueprint should remember that it was unselected OR the default should match a brand new blueprint which itself is unselected.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.45] "Reselect New Contents for Blueprints" defaults to "Train Stop Names" selected

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

This isn’t a bug. Next time put it in the suggestions sub forum
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.45] "Reselect New Contents for Blueprints" defaults to "Train Stop Names" selected

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to ideas and suggestions.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I am quite surprised this is considered NaB. The behaviour is very inconsistent and unexpected. To reiterate since I fear the OP was misunderstood:

1. When creating a new blueprint the flag "Train stop names" is not selected by default.

2. If you select new content for the blueprint the flag "Train stop names" is selected by default. Regardless if it was selected in the blueprint you have just overwritten or not.

I would just like OP expect that either "Train stop names" always defaults to not selected or remembers what was selected before, in case you select new content for the blueprint.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:09 am
I am quite surprised this is considered NaB. The behaviour is very inconsistent and unexpected. To reiterate since I fear the OP was misunderstood:

1. When creating a new blueprint the flag "Train stop names" is not selected by default.

2. If you select new content for the blueprint the flag "Train stop names" is selected by default. Regardless if it was selected in the blueprint you have just overwritten or not.

I would just like OP expect that either "Train stop names" always defaults to not selected or remembers what was selected before, in case you select new content for the blueprint.
I’d rather have new blueprints default to saving the name.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:19 pm
ickputzdirwech wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:09 am

I’d rather have new blueprints default to saving the name.
I don't really care either way. But it has to be consistent. Right now it isn't. I would therefore really like this post to be in bug reports again (even minor issues or wont fix).
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

My guts tell me it's a new feature request. The devs regularly read this subforum, if they think it is indeed a bug, they can say so, and even move the thread themselves.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Well than let’s hope some dev reads this.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

Koub wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 am
My guts tell me it's a new feature request. The devs read regularly read this subforum, if they think it is indeed a bug, they can say so, and even move the thread themselves.
I would like all settings to be retained when you "Select new contents for the blueprint": name, icon, description, grid settings and filters; because an obvious use case for the function is reselecting after correcting some issue. That is an aspect of a feature request, but I think it's already implemented except for filters.

The current behaviour is that "Tiles", "Train stop names" and "Trains" are not selected by default when creating a blueprint, but are when selecting new contents. I share ickputzdirwech's surprise that this is not considered a bug because it is obviously inconsistent and therefore unexpected behaviour, certainly much less serious than but just as unexpected as "Factorio crashes when I do X." In addition, given that the filters seems to be the only thing missing from the feature, the behaviour looks like a mistake.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Just wanted to bump this topic because I still think this is a bug and I am hoping for an answer from a dev.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”