Battle Royal for factorio

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Battle Royal for factorio

Post by dog80 »

so the idea is quite simple: make a fixed size map
put chests with random stuff everywhere
wait until x players are rdy
start lol

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Battle Royal for factorio

Post by dog80 »

So while creating the forces and etc is not such a hard thing to do - the main problem i am encountering right now is how to fill up the chests - since there is ? no real measurement of an items "worth" available or am i wrong there... i thought about the production challenge pvp scenario, there is some kind of worth to each item, which could be used as guideline to fill the chests... main prob here how does the fill algo know that 1 atomic bomb is worth around 1000000 while 1 normal amunition is around 0, --- without having to manually add that to each item :DD

thedarkbunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by thedarkbunny »

Offhand, I'd say you're going to have to either manually set all item values or create an algorithm to do it for you. DaveMcW wrote a script that gets the total raw materials for any item, which might be a good starting point.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

thedarkbunny wrote:Offhand, I'd say you're going to have to either manually set all item values or create an algorithm to do it for you. DaveMcW wrote a script that gets the total raw materials for any item, which might be a good starting point.
ok thx! i just encountered the LuaRecipePrototype as well :D lets see how this will go

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

-
Last edited by dog80 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

does anyone know a way to find the recipes that a specific technology unlocks?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Look at that technology in the technology list, and it tells you what recipes and effects it unlocks under where it tells you what science packs it costs.

it however doesn't tell you what technologies it unlocks, because they work the other way around, technologies state what technologies they need to have been unlocked before they get unlocked. However, you do have the tree that takes up most of the screen that should help tell you what it unlocks.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

You are actually making it? I thought it was a joke :)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

There's a dropcrate mod, you might want to look it up...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

posila wrote:You are actually making it? I thought it was a joke :)
Too bad factorio doesn't support random weapon attributes for normal/magic/rare/unique weapons :P

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

If FTL's Captain's Edition mod's Endless Loot Addon managed it, why not Factorio ?
https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9f433be91b
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

BlueTemplar wrote:There's a dropcrate mod, you might want to look it up...
thx, so its done there manually as i thought, using daves algo to use the raw ingredients somehow creates a too steady curve - many items have nearly 0 worth or very less while others have masssiive amounts of ressources, so you get them nearly never or very low... this is still the biggest issue atm... somehow i get a bad feeling when i want to do it manually though... but i also get a bad feeling when i want to use an algo... damnit!!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

@dog80:
Btw, for a battle royale type scenario in which you only want to spawn weapons it would imho be better to base the algo on the damage dealt by those weapons and not on crafting recipes. Problem is that that is way more difficult. I'd start with hard-coded treasure sets and get the rest of the scenario done first. And then you can go back and improve the crate generation.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

dog80 wrote:
BlueTemplar wrote:There's a dropcrate mod, you might want to look it up...
thx, so its done there manually as i thought, using daves algo to use the raw ingredients somehow creates a too steady curve - many items have nearly 0 worth or very less while others have masssiive amounts of ressources, so you get them nearly never or very low... this is still the biggest issue atm... somehow i get a bad feeling when i want to do it manually though... but i also get a bad feeling when i want to use an algo... damnit!!
There is production_score lib in the base game

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

ok somehow right now i came to the conclusion that it is not usefull to use the production score - because the curve is too steady - you cant really compare an item with 1 iron-plate cost with sth that costs 5000000 iron plates or so ... - so i am now adding manual values to items, which seems more fitting at the moment... maybe i just havent understood the loot system that i want to have and how it works just yet...
next is the eye of the storm() - which i think can be made with a ring of poison-capsules followed by a ring of cluster-grenades to get rid of any tanks and mk2 etc - i already made a function to spawn a poison ring - but it gets too much so you have to have like 4-5 rings and then remove the outer ones otherwise you have quadrillions of poison clouds after some time xd and with the last 2-3 beeing cluster grenades or normal grenades dunno nobody should be able to pass it anyways
-- also i have to add vehicles and some building materials, right now i have only weapons armors amunitions and offensive/defensive utilities - and this cheaply balanced out...
-- sadly i cant host and test dx
-- if you want to look at the current progress and give tipps go ahead
Attachments
_new.rar
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

dog80 wrote:quadrillions of poison clouds
If you use the poison clouds purely as visual indicators and do the actual damagin with LuaEntity.damage() in on_tick it gets easier. But ofc you don't get the suspense of being followed by a constant stream of cluster grenades...
Maybe spawn them in a shrinking spiral pattern that takes exactly as long for one "full circle" as the capsules take to decay?
If you're totally evil you could use LuaSurface.set_tiles() to completely remove the level outside. Or make an artillery shoot at everyone outside the zone constantly with increasing accuracy. So that with enough evasion skill they might still survive for a minute.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

ok v 0 1 0 is out xD - basic poison cloud spreading its desease - hopefully the player management works but i doubt it - weapon spawning not based on anything but handtyped values - add me on steam when you have dedicated to host i cant host and join non dedicated... - host - players[1] is admin who can start the round... - no automobiles - when you find mk2 you are the man...
i am very bad at scripting so lots of cleaning up still has to be done and functions need to be extended alot but fine...
-- it would be much better when having an automated way to fill chests - even their amount (for ammo etc) based on the value, but ok nevermind
Attachments
battleroyal_v.0.1.0.zip
(7.9 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vjbone »

maybe add timer when "green" zone start move
start game when max players joined (admin change max number)
disable ore generation maybe

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”