A pointer

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

A pointer

Postby Krosskaos » Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 am

Is there a pointer function already in the game I haven't been able to find? If not, then might I suggest implementing a pointer for multiplayer?

Most of the time when I'm playing, I'm playing multiplayer with several other friends. It gets kind of frustrating when I'm trying to explain how something works by running to and from different things and trying to show what I'm referring to by running over to it and partaking in a game of charades trying to get my point across. I think it would be beneficial if there was a pointer mechanic where you can display where your cursor is on the screen so the other players can see what your pointing at, allowing for easier communication (even if I am using Discord to talk to them). Maybe it could be in the form of a laser that the user holds and points where ever the cursor is, or it could simply be built in as part of the GUI...either way, would be really helpful :)
Krosskaos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: A pointer

Postby Koub » Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 am

You can tag a place on the map, even add names and item icons on the tag by right clicking on the map. Doesn't that fulfill your need ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bobucles » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Yep. Just right click on the map, pick an icon or type in a name (or both), and it will mark that spot on the map. When you're done just right click on the map marker and edit or delete it.

Dying automatically marks your corpse on the map. You have 15 minutes to reclaim the goodies inside.
bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Postby Krosskaos » Wed May 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Koub wrote:You can tag a place on the map, even add names and item icons on the tag by right clicking on the map. Doesn't that fulfill your need ?

Actually, yes. Thanks a lot, glad to know there's a feature for that
Krosskaos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Return to Ideas and Suggestions