special assemblers/recipe's

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

oresKa2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

special assemblers/recipe's

Post by oresKa2 »

TL;DR We have all been there your factory is pumping out science and rockets like there is no tomorow, but it can simply not be fed with the resource you are producing, so I introduce the "special" assembler.

What ?
If you have played with bob's assemblers you have seen the circuit assemblers they are faster and smaller and I believe more power efficient.
That is a take on how it could be done. But I would have a similar sized building or bigger because more production = more floor space.
As a example:
Imagine you need to make 10.000 gears a second this takes 4000 yellow assemblers and 500 blue belts of input and 250 belts of output
Math:
10.000 gears = 20.000 iron plates to convert the plates into gears you need 1 assembler and 0.4 second 0.4 because of the 1.25 crafting speed of the assembler that devides the crafting time.
Now my "special" assemblers get this task
to make the 10.000 gears you will need 6000 "special" assemblers and they turn 4 plates into 3 gears instead of 2, this would take the yellow assemblers 1.2 second to make but the "special" assembler is a bit slower becuase it is more efficient with resources so it takes 1.8 second to make the 3 gears and the idea behind the "extra" gear is you are using the waste of the other 2 gears to make a thirde instead of evaporating the iron.
this would have me need 2/3 of the input lane's at the expense of more space and a slowwer production per machine.
Math:
10.000 gears = 13.336 iron plates to convert the plates into gears you need 1 "special" assembler and 1.8 seconds to turn 4 plates into 3 gears and to keep it simple a crafting speed of 1
This would be a verry welcome solution in the late game where even with the mining productivety you are more or less expanding to keep the beast alive and roaring and with this the beast will atleast crave for less feed.

The way I would implement it is as a mid/lategame tech
to unlock it you will need logistics 3, automation 3 and mining productivety 8 (the one where you start using production science packs)
resoning behind this is: tech is developed as a solution to a problem, you have already developed good logistics, fast machines and have started to optimize the resource income and the first stage of of the proces and if you are optimazing the first stage why not the second one also?

I have now given a example of gears but you could also do this with circuits, advanced circuits, plastic production, steel and wires.
if the straight 50% increase is too simple for the basic and advanced circuits you could ad a intermidiate like a transistor using 10 wires and 1 coal to make 10 transistors and you need 2 transistors and 1 iron for a circuit and for the advanced circuit you need 2 circuits, 2 plastic and 2 transistors.

Why ?
The idea behind having "special" assemblers is simple. They are more resource efficient and make items in bigger batches as a positive but they are slower and can only craft a couple of items as a drawback.
This is all to give the player the option to chose between visiting bitters with very fast and many high-5 bullets or high-5 bots, and building just a bit bigger and slower and being a good and ecofriendly neighboor.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: special assemblers/recipe's

Post by Koub »

You want assembling machines with integrated productivity modules, and with probably more module slots to be able to add even more productivity modules, if I'm not mistaken ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

oresKa2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by oresKa2 »

not that but a alternative, in the terms of quick dirty and inefficient or slow steaddy and efficient
And with productivety module's all you do is make them and that is it, this comes with its own issue's like needing the space in your spagety factory
And I said the recipe's would be mid/late game so that when you build your set up it is for making say cuircuits to suply the miner automation you get the choise do I go quick and dirty or take the time to make this a durable setup.
The setups that it would make eat les resources of the belt making for bigger setups that do not need the 64 blue belts to work the ratio.

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”