[1.0.0] Requestor chest for spidertron recipe can overfill chest with LDS's preventing other ingredient delivery.

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
nutscrape
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] Requestor chest for spidertron recipe can overfill chest with LDS's preventing other ingredient delivery.

Post by nutscrape »

Congrats on the release! An awesome game and I love everything that you've done.

When doing the recipe copy and paste from an Assembler 3 machine making the Spiderton to a Requestor chest, it sets up a delivery configuration that causes a deadlock: 3 fish, 60 rocket control units, ....., and 562 low density structures. The low density structure request can be a problem. When I did this, they filled the chest preventing delivery of other ingredients. I had to fix manually by adjusting the the LDS request smaller and removing the excess.

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Requestor chest for spidertron recipe can overfill chest with LDS's preventing other ingredient delivery.

Post by knightelite »

This is actually a common issue if you do that type of copy paste on fast recipes on beaconed assemblers as well. An 8-beacon + 4 speed module III assembler making Assembling Machine 1 will request 4750 iron plate, 2600 iron gears and 1500 electronic circuits.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Requestor chest for spidertron recipe can overfill chest with LDS's preventing other ingredient delivery.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't think this is going to change. It's not causing any crashing and has a clear solution to just set the requests to what you want. If another developer wants to go tweak the numbers they can but I'm going to move this to won't-fix.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't fix.”