[0.18.34] Mod update UI, selected item changes while updating

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Waffle_est
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.34] Mod update UI, selected item changes while updating

Post by Waffle_est »

In game mods management UI, "updates" tab.
If you have many mods to update, click "update selected".
Now, select some item in the middle of the list.
As items at the head of the list finish updating the currently selected item changes to the next item.
Note that the selected does not have to be the one that completes, any update that completes at the head of the list will cause all the remaining items to move up but the selection stays at the same offset.
(Smells as if some index isn't being updated as the underlying list changes)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.34] Mod update UI, selected item changes while updating

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't consider this worth changing. It's not breaking anything and the entire list will go away as it finishes updating anyway.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

super_aardvark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by super_aardvark »

Came here to report this (for whatever that's worth). I was trying to click on the Changelog button for one of the mods that was being updated -- just updated everything, and then got curious about the details for one of them.

dexteritas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dexteritas »

I just stumbled across this bug again while updating. If the update process for many mods takes several minutes, it would be quite nice if you can look at the mods and possibly the changes during this time. Here, this bug is of course disturbing.
The bug should also be very easy to fix: The selected element is apparently determined by the position within the list. If the selected element is at position > 0, only the position must be decremented, whenever an element is finished downloading.

Another option would be to show the list until everything is done and change the view again and mark finished downloaded mods in any way (e.g. colored).

Return to “Won't fix.”