0.18.17 odd behavior with tech tree and game being paused

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

0.18.17 odd behavior with tech tree and game being paused

Post by Dune »

In single player (solo play, sandbox game),

If you pause the game and press T (to open tech tree), it doesn't open. But then if you unpause, the tech tree opens without having to press T.

If while in the tech tree, and you pause the game, you can't close the tech tree. If you press escape, it opens the main menu, which seems odd. Unpausing doesn't close the tech tree, unless of course you close the tech tree as per normal.

Another oddity of this is that doesn't the game automatically pause during solo play? So why then can you pause the game from within the tech tree?

Just in case it matters, included is my current save game so you can see if this is a mod issue.
Attachments
Krast 4 004 4.zip
(7.87 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 0.18.17 odd behavior with tech tree and game being paused

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I personally don't consider any of this worth looking into. Just stop pausing/unpausing the game while trying to interact with the tech tree.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

lumis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lumis »

Hi there, reviving this matter after two years:

(Post from my duplicate bug report)
Following situation:
While being in the tech menu and pressing Shift+Space (accidentally), the game is paused "a second time". This very confusing behaviour is not really visible to the player. Pressing T or the cross on the top right of the screen do not allow to leave the research menu, while selecting researches remains possible.
This makes it seem, as if the game was "frozen" and quitting was the only option.

For me, it took a moderator in the discord to help me figure out, how to "fix" the issue and to get my game back running. And it took us 10minutes to do so, only because he was aware of the possible problem after some contemplation.

Solution: disabling the Shift+Space (Pause) command while the research menu is open.

As this was already commented by a staff member, I want to raise awareness once again.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I think at least disabling the ability to pause the game while the tech screen is open (especially seems the game auto-pauses in SP already) is a good idea.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Won't fix.”