[0.17.32] "Mining" construction bots counts against Ctrl+Z history

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
newllama
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.32] "Mining" construction bots counts against Ctrl+Z history

Post by newllama »

"Mining" construction bots by holding down right click affects the undo history. This happens to me a lot while placing down large blueprints with personal roboports. Eventually the roboports run out of charge and the construction bots will hover near the engineer waiting for a charge. To speed up the process I manually pick as many as I can out the air which resets their charge. After I "mine" enough of them the Ctrl+Z history is totally gone.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.32] "Mining" construction bots counts against Ctrl+Z history

Post by DaleStan »

Don't complain about this too loudly; the devs might fix it by making it impossible to mine construction bots.
Until/unless this gets fixed, I'd recommend undoing first and mining the robots second.

Also, what are you trying to undo in this situation?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

DaleStan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:46 am
Don't complain about this too loudly; the devs might fix it by making it impossible to mine construction bots.
Until/unless this gets fixed, I'd recommend undoing first and mining the robots second.

Also, what are you trying to undo in this situation?
I'd love to implement that so people can't mine construction robots out of the air. I just need to get buy-in from the other devs.

Actually, unless one of the other devs wants to implement some other "solution" I'm going to say: you want to cheese game mechanics then you get to pay the price of doing so and move this to "won't fix".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

newllama
Inserter
Inserter

Post by newllama »

Lol fair enough. As a counterpoint I'd like to point out that personal roboports leave a lot to be desired late game. I carry around a second armor with this loadout:
- 4 fusion reactor
- 4 battery mk2
- 6 personal roboport mk2
- nightvision

I'll switch to this armor when placing larger blueprints and the batteries are dead within 30-40 seconds, then I have to wait more than 3 minutes for a full recharge. In that situation I can either mine the construction bots or alt+tab and wait, both of which are pretty bad solutions. It's even more frustrating that the robots pick random jobs instead of the closest job, squandering valuable energy (I understand that this is a long-standing maybe-wontfix issue). The improved portable solar panels in 0.17 were a huge win for mid-game, but I'd like to see an improved fusion reactor for late game.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:35 pm
I'd love to implement that so people can't mine construction robots out of the air. I just need to get buy-in from the other devs.
For what it's worth, I typically play with a mod that adds this rule. (among other things)
newllama wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:57 pm
Lol fair enough. As a counterpoint I'd like to point out that personal roboports leave a lot to be desired late game. I carry around a second armor with this loadout:
Fewer roboports will make your life better. You'll have to move around a bit more, but you'll prevent robots from flying off to do jobs nearly 140 tiles from you, and you can replace the roboports with more fusion reactors instead, which will reduce the recharge time. Or batteries, which will increase both the discharge and recharge time, depending on what you want to optimize.
You could also install Closest First.

Return to “Won't fix.”