[Dominik] [0.17.28] [Modding] Assembling Machine Fluidbox Discrepancies

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
EnigmaticAussie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Dominik] [0.17.28] [Modding] Assembling Machine Fluidbox Discrepancies

Post by EnigmaticAussie »

Context: I was writing a mod which would allow fluid to be passed though assembling machines without the need for extra pipework around the sides.

When adding more fluid_boxes to an entity of type assembling machine, setting the `production_type` on the fluid_box is limited to be input or output, it cannot be input-output (I assume this is the part that changes the symbol indicators).

However, setting `type = 'output'` or `type='input-output'`on specific pipe_connections makes the fluid_box act as it normally would, with the incorrect indicator.

In the above image, fluid is allowed to flow from north to south, while showing the indicators that the assembling machine can only receive fluid.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik] [0.17.28] [Modding] Assembling Machine Fluidbox Discrepencies

Post by Dominik »

Are you sure about those options? I used input-output production type on a flame turret just few days ago to get those arrows.
The way the code works is that it only uses the connection type for arrows when the production type is input-output.

EnigmaticAussie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Dominik] [0.17.28] [Modding] Assembling Machine Fluidbox Discrepancies

Post by EnigmaticAussie »

Yes, the error only appears for entities of the type "assembling machine".

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

I can see in the code that it is indeed limited this way. This parameter's purpose is exactly to correctly assign which fb's are inputs and which outputs of the assembler. Changing that could cause problems that I can't asses right now, including desyncs and save consistency.
I could change the priorities for the drawing and to me it makes sense that the connection definition should have priority over the fb definition. But that would change the drawing for all entities and mods which imo is not worth it. I know it is an uncomfortable limitation but I am sorry, can't very well fix this right now.

Staplergun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Staplergun »

I have submitted a PR for the arrows drawing two way properly.

Return to “Won't fix.”