[0.17.6] Items not moving on belt

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
catpig
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.6] Items not moving on belt

Post by catpig »

Hello,
having a very odd problem in this heavily modded game. I first noticed it when loading my savegame earlier in 0.17.5. I then downloaded 0.17.6 from factorio.com and installed it over the existing version (which uses settings&saves that may have been created with GOG's 0.17.x and any 0.16.x) and still have the problem. If you walk south-east from where you are at load you'll hit a belt going eastwards after a couple of seconds. After an underground belt you can see bobmonium ore stationary on the belt, even though there's nothing blocking it. If you keep walking south-east you hit a splitter on a coal belt which also appears to be stuck: both belt sides are full on input, but one side of one output is not being filled.

Savegame attached. This is on Win10-64.1809/German with an English Factorio.

Cheers, Catpig

PS: If you mine one bit of the bobmonium belt the whole belt starts moving again. Same for the coal belt.
On 0.17.5 I also tried saving the game under a new name and reloading it but that didn't get the belt moving again.

PPS: Note that the items after (east of) the highlighted ones also dont move. The highlight is to show an example of the problem.

PPPS: I tried removing all mods except Bob's logistics and Bob's functions. Ofc the bobmonium disappears, but the coal splitter still shows the problem, highlighted on the screenshot "factorio items not moving on belt with debug and only boblogistics+boblib".
Attachments
screenshot of frozen coal splitter with only boblogistics+boblib mods
screenshot of frozen coal splitter with only boblogistics+boblib mods
factorio items not moving on belt with debug and only boblogistics+boblib.jpg (976.88 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
screenshot of similar location with debug options
screenshot of similar location with debug options
factorio items not moving on belt with debug.jpg (937.27 KiB) Viewed 2745 times
screenshot showing the problem
screenshot showing the problem
factorio items not moving on belt.jpg (982.05 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
ad_00d19h.zip
(11 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.6] Items not moving on belt

Post by catpig »

Okay, I reactivated the mods (through the sync from savegame feature) and now the problem has gone away. But if you want me to try something to further investigate this please let me know.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is a known "quirk" of belts: if you remove a mod which had items on the belts and the belts where inactive because they where full the belts won't re-activate when the mod items are removed.

You just need to go touch the belts and they'll turn back on in those cases.

We specifically don't automatically turn on things during these migrations because it makes finding save/load related problems difficult if every little change clears and resets things to a "known good state" hiding potential problems with the save/load process.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Hi,
Is there a console command that we can run that would touch all the belts for us? for example, does disabling then enabling the entities fix the issue?

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catpig »

Sorry for the very late reply. I guess the cause of getting this bug originally was that a mod update or change I made caused the quirk to appear.

@BenSeidel Not aware of any console command for this. For me it appears to have helped to turn off the mods and turn them back on. I realise this explanation is absurd, but that's what it seemed like, that's all I'm saying :)

Return to “Won't fix.”