[0.17.0] Tutorial : messages are not updated when keybindings are changed in options

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
denspb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.0] Tutorial : messages are not updated when keybindings are changed in options

Post by denspb »

I have not deleted previous settings before running 0.17.0.
I usually use "Left Alt" as a key for "pick up items on the ground". Probably due to changing to scan codes (or because configuration is regularly synced between Windows and Linux machines), keybinding turned to "Unknown", so tutorial objective / Compilatron text asked me to press "Unknown" to pick up item.

I went to Settings->Controls and set a keybinding to Left Alt.
Once I quit menu, both messages (objective in top left and Compilatron message) were not updated, they still asked to press "Unknown".
After a while, Compilatron have moved, and it's message was re-generated, now containing correct keybinding. However, objective in top left corner still contains invalid text. (see screenshot).

Expected behavior: after changing keybindings (or simply after going into menu) objective/compilatron messages should be re-generated.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-02-26 20-09-13.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-26 20-09-13.png (3.92 MiB) Viewed 1025 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.0] Tutorial : messages are not updated when keybindings are changed in options

Post by Bilka »

No locale containing keybinds in the game updates if you change the keybinds. You have to restart the game for it to update.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.0] Tutorial : messages are not updated when keybindings are changed in options

Post by Koub »

Maybe a warning message when changing controls could be added, to warn the player the tutorial tips will not be updated before next restart ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Force restart after key binding change :P

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Won't fix.”