Electric network info history lost on "merge"

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
kufra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Electric network info history lost on "merge"

Post by kufra »

This is gameplay wise probably extremely minor and possibly not a bug but would like to highlight anyway.

What i did:
1. Start game and build first steam machine connected with say 10 power poles and some few inserter/assemblers.
2. Build a larger setup (smelting in my case) with lots of inserters and power poles. Should not be connected to inital steam setup.
3. Merge the two electrical networks
4. Open the "Electric network info" from power pole in the "new" setup

I expected the network with longest history (oldest) to be then one visible in the "Electric network info", but instead when they merged i got the "largest" network.

If not true just close this report. I still wanted to tell you my finding even though it's not a proper report (sorry). Maybe this is by design.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Electric network info history lost on "merge"

Post by eradicator »

kufra wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:59 pm
network with longest history (oldest) to be then one visible in the "Electric network info"
The oldest network might as well be a single electric pole that was accidentially disconnected for the last 50 hours. Personally i wouldn't want my network history overwritten by that. I wonder if histories could be meaningfully merged.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this isn't likely to change. Trying to figure out which set of statistics is the "correct" one will just lead to a different set of people complaining it's not what they want.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kufra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kufra »

Understandable. As i said, personally i think this is a very minor issue and after ~1000h i only encountered this once, even though i usually do this kind of starts.

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

It would be nice if when networks are merged via a power switch if the side with the power retained its history.

Return to “Won't fix.”