Deposit info cut off when viewing in map mode (0.16.41)

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
AnthonyForPOTUS
Inserter
Inserter

Deposit info cut off when viewing in map mode (0.16.41)

Post by AnthonyForPOTUS »

When zoomed in in map mode, not the zoomed out mode but the zoomed in mode, the information on an ore deposit, e.g. Uranium Ore 569K is cut off if the text extenda from a region that is not revealed by the radar into a region that is.

Severity - graphics glitch, minor
Workaround, move the mouse around or zoom in further oso text is not in the revealed area
Repeatable - yes, find a deposit that is very close to a radar revealed area (maybe by placing a radar for the purpose). Now enter map mode and hover the mouse over the deposit so that the text extends into the revealed area.

Meddleman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Deposit info cut off when viewing in map mode (0.16.41)

Post by Meddleman »

[16.42] Vanilla

Do you mean this?
example.gif
example.gif (2.63 MiB) Viewed 1503 times
It is a little weird that the text doesn't spill over into the radar'd area. Especially since it is the proximity of the mouse that triggers patch information to display, ie. the mouse does not need to be directly over the explicit ore-boundary it for it to trigger, as you can see by the second GIF.
I suppose the reasoning for the cut-off text is that since the zoomed in explored, and viewable map area is supposed to mimic what the player sees, the player does not see patch-entirety information in the normal player view, so the game assumes "lol, why should that info be viewable to the player at any point except in explored, but fog-of-war map?", and 'cuts' it off.
example2.gif
example2.gif (2.93 MiB) Viewed 1503 times
Which begs the question....is this information text actually always there in the player view when hovering over ore? Just not set to be visible?

>OOT: I realize I am uploading a bunch of GIF's lately to illustrate evidence, but I attempt to keep them under 4-5MB apiece, if that.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Deposit info cut off when viewing in map mode (0.16.41)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however we aren't going to fix this.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't fix.”