[0.16.4] "Inventory transfers" Tutorial Confusion

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Zothar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.4] "Inventory transfers" Tutorial Confusion

Post by Zothar »

On the second objective of the "Inventory transfers" tutorial, "Open the chest and transfer all items by using 'CONTROL + Left mouse button' on an empty inventory slot.", perhaps the tutorial could first, or at the same time, make the distinction between the inventory and the tool belt. It wasn't until I accidentally-ish clicked (while just clicking everywhere that I could think of) in the inventory, when the objective was met. :lol: I've played Factorio for many, many hours, but apparently forgot or didn't realize that the tool belt was not part of the inventory; that's where I tried to click several times before sorta stumbling upon the answer.

Anyway, this may not strictly be a bug, but I think it's an opportunity to improve the tutorial. Maybe when the tutored gamer clicks in the wrong place, the tutorial could hilight where it intends the gamer to click (with some extra explanatory text perhaps) or something?

Thanks for a great game!

maccesch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.35] "Inventory transfers" Tutorial Confusion

Post by maccesch »

I just wanted to report this "bug" for the latest version (0.16.35). It may be noteworthy to mention that I'm playing the German localization and I didn't get this second instruction at all. I clicked around randomly until somehow I could proceed with the tutorial.

Clan_Wolf1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.4] "Inventory transfers" Tutorial Confusion

Post by Clan_Wolf1 »

its bugged that it brings up the furnace/your inventory and that it wont accept the coal from there. exit that and open just your inventory, now hold+click control drag coal into furnace building it should accept it now.

Return to “Won't fix.”