[0.15.25] robots trying to fill in ghosts on existing blocks

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.25] robots trying to fill in ghosts on existing blocks

Post by MicFac »

1. What did you do?
I placed a substation (the bug seems to work with every other block every time as well), then marked it for deconstruction. It didnt get deconstructed because there were no bots in the network. then I placed a ghost substation over the deconstructed one and removed the deconstruction mark with the shift mode of the deconstruction planner.
2. What happened?
When there were robots in the network again, one of them tried to place a substation where there already was the one I placed in the beginning.
3. What did you expect to happen instead?
i expcted the ghost to get removed when I removed the deconstruction mark so that robots wouldnt try to place a substation over another substation.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.25] robots trying to fill in ghosts on existing blocks

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That's currently working as intended. It's considered an un-natural state that you cancel deconstruction of something while a ghost is also at the same location and because of that we purposefully don't scan and destroy ghosts for performance reasons.

You can simply remove the ghost using right click or the deconstruction planner if you no longer want it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.25] robots trying to fill in ghosts on existing blocks

Post by ickputzdirwech »

This is a duplicate of 28882 and fixed.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”